Popular Tags: #FoodMode [+] [View All]
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Salutations.

I admit the last time was a bit barbaric. As the players moved about in their new disorienting reality in the castle, they went backwards in time and in humanity. Primitively pawing at the wet stone for any sign of food, water, or treasure for days upon days on end is not the best of us.

For observers, though, watching people forage for dead rats, blow each other up, and crowd around food generating buskets was a pleasure. Enduring it was not, though - especially those who made it so far, yet had to be sacrificed to Willard.

That is why we have changed the game. We are now advanced and sophisticated. There will no longer be any: need for food, need for water, trapping each other in locked rooms, rats of any kind (except for the wily ones we missed!)

What remains the same? Well: The Castle (but redesigned!), and bombs - a lot more bombs and ways to detonate bombs.

Our new things should dazzle you. We have gold. We have keys. Like I said, we have bombs. We have a lack of maps of the castle. And, lastly, we have golems. You may have to pay them or they may do serious harm to you. The best players will be able to explore, discover, ally, be wily, and trade the best with their fellow players to advance and avoid death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: The Hungry Games 2: The Greedy Games
Hungry Games 2: Greedy Games :: RULES

Basic Description
This is a non-Werewolf game. There are no factions or groups. There is no daily lynch. This game will utilize the Physics engine heavily. You will move and obtain items and use items. Thread communication will be allowed and in Cassy you will have a mod chat, your physics/movement data chat room, and most areas(rooms) in the game will be paired with other locations in the game for chatting.

In a Nutshell
You move around in the game and look for items, but mainly gold and special keys. You can trade with players. You have to pay gold at the end of each round to survive. You have to be careful of locked one way doors to trap you. You can search for hidden items, lock doors (to trap others), or use special items.

Victory Conditions
You earn a survival victory and immediately win if you are the last survivor. If the last players alive die in the same phase, there is no winner. Alternately, any number of players can win if they "beat" the game. This could be by escaping the castle, killing its leaders, or whatever you may find within the game.

Game Turn Structure
The game will proceed by rounds. At the end of each round there will be a survival check to see if you remain in the game or are crushed by the castle golems for not meeting requirements. Each round will have two phases. At the end of each phase you get actions (see below). Also at the beginning of each phase randomly placed and regenerated items will do just that from the mod.

Example -
TURN 1A: Players move, pick up items, trade items, communicate, submit actions
MOD RESOLUTION: Game freezes, actions are resolved by the mod, mod places new randomly placed and regenerated items
TURN 1B: Players move, pick up items, trade items, communicate, submit actions
MOD RESOLUTION: Game freezes, actions are resolved by the mod, mod checks for each players survival, mod places new randomly placed and regenerated items
TURN 2A: Players move, pick up items, trade items, communicate, submit actions
MOD RESOLUTION: Game freezes, actions are resolved by the mod, mod places new randomly placed and regenerated items
And so on...

Game Schedule
The game will freeze at midnight BGG every weeknight. I will then spend the next morning resolving the previous phase. Movement will be reset and both the thread and cassy physics will reopen at a random time in that morning. It's possible especially in the early game some delays could surface (with the amount of players).

Game Start
You will be in a "staging area" at game start. This area will not have a chat. Think of it as the castle bridge or gates. You will get 10 movement as opposed to 6. The rooms will have no items on the ground to pick up. However, the rooms will have information (ie survival requirements) that will be in the game. The purpose of this is to get scattered starting locations without random placement, because that would be magic. No items makes this a purely exploratory "pre-turn", without anyone getting an item advantage.

Movement and Inventory
Players will have 6 movement and 6 inventory. Movement will be reset at the start of each phase. You cannot save movement and carry it over to the next phase.

Survival/Requirement Check
This is the Golem Demand in each room. Each room will have a gold requirement. At the end of each round in whatever room you end up in, you must pay that gold. If you cannot, then you are out of the game and the guardians crush you. Mod will automatically pay the gold for you in resolution and remove from your inventory. I will always take the lowest denomination possible in order to pay. If you have larger denominations, then change will never be made.

Survival/Requirement Cost Increase
At the end of each round, any room that received payment will have its cost increased by 1. It doesn't matter how many players paid it - just 1 more if it was paid at all.

Locking Doors and Locked Doors
This game will have both regular room to room movement and "key required" exits. Key required movement enables you move through the matching exits/doors. These can never be locked by others. You basically have a special pass. There will only be a limited amount of these key/door matches in the game so you will have to communicate and trade. And manage inventory with your gold.

All the other movement can be moved freely by players without any keys necessary. However, these can be locked by others as an action. This will prevent the door working from the opposite direction. Locking doors can hinder other players. If they can't move to get gold then they will be eliminated for your gain. If you are in Room A and can move East to Room B, and choose to lock that East exit, then the movement from Room B West to Room A will be shut down. The implication is that someone could move in and not be able to move back out. There are lockpicks in the game in which you can reopen these shut downed exit points.

Actions

You may choose one action per phase. It will be resolved at the end of the phase. If you use an action incorrectly - ie list an incorrect exit for a lock, use an item on a player not in the room when the item specifies they have to be in same room, use lockpick on already open door - then your action fails and is wasted. In most cases you will not lose your item though if one was used. If you search and the room no longer has any searchable items remaining, then your action is wasted.

Search: You search for hidden items within your current room. Your "current" room is the one you end up at the end of the phase, not when you submit the order. Anytime you search for a third consecutive phase and beyond you face an increasing chance of search failure, which will be a wasted action.

Lock Door: Choose an exit in your current room. The movement exit in the opposite direction from you will be removed. You must choose an exit from the location in which you reside at the end of the phase (not when submitting the order, unless you don't move further, or move back).

Raise Tax: You raise the gold requirement for the current room you are in. If multiple people use this action for a room, they will stack together to a max of 3. This will be in addition to the normal increase.

Use Item: You may use an item in your inventory that has a special use. If it is to be used on someone or something, please specify.

Room Searching
Items that are found are usually not room specific. But each room has a set supply of items. There is semi-small subset of items in the game. If it has been exhausted you will get a "no more items" message and the search is wasted. The thread will be informed only when no items remain in the game, which likely won't occur. If you try to search with no inventory spaces you will waste your search as well. This includes turns in which you will clear up slots with room payment. The search results and item finding occurs before end round gold payment requirement.

Randomly Placed Items
Near the start of each phase and during the phase there will be a certain number of items placed or "dropped" into rooms in plain view - based on the number of players. These will only be gold and keys. These will surface at varying and intermittent times of the day to give no first movers an explicit advantage. In the previous Hungry Games these were dead rats (for the eating requirement).

Player Death
When a player dies they will pay as much gold as they can to pay the required room payment. Everything else they own will drop in a randomize ratio to directly on the ground in that current room or to the room's search set (to find via searching).

Addenda and Revisions
You are at the mercy of the hosts in this little game. Any squealing will be met with only laughter from those who are enjoying the entertainment, and lack of expression from the tax golems. I do reserve the right to make additional rules or revisions or other changes within the game to increase the fairness of the game or make it a better game. If you are on the wrong end of a controversial decision or change, then your luck was simply running bad. Nobody will be singled out, but this castle doesn't care about you either.

Most Important Rule
Try to enjoy yourself as best you can.

---

FAQ and Other Rules Addenda

How do Lockpicks work?

It's with the "Use Item" order when you have a lockpick. You must specify an exit - one that is locked and missing. So if you want to go east but there is no east (but there should be), then you use the lockpick on the east door. The door is reinstated. If there is not a door there, or you choose the wrong door or an open door, the action will fail but you will not lose the pick. You can also just say "East Door" instead of "East Door 2" (You can say East Door 2, as well to open that specific door. If there is no East Door 2 it will revert to just East Door). If there are multiple East Doors and you only say East Door (without number) it will open a random one of them.

What are the gold values?

Gold Coin - 1
Gold Nugget - 2
Gold Bar - 5
That goes for any "type" of the above, like alternately named like "market gold bar".

What if I can't play anymore?

If you need replaced, just die. There will be no replacements. The door is shut. People who missed sign up - tough luck. If you turn into a coward and want to be done, just do nothing and die.

Are Exit numbers the same each direction?

Door numbers may not be exactly the same each direction. For example, if you go South through South 3, and then immediately go North through North 3 to get back, it may not be the same door. The castle was created to drive you crazy that way.

How do I see exits that needs a key or locked doors?

The exits you see are readily available. You will not see in your lists of exits 1) exits that are locked, from others locking them and 2) exits that require a key. When you get a key, check the exits at each location to see if it now pops on your possible exits. Key exit information may become available from different means.

Can I lock doors that need a key?

No.

When do drops during the day happen? How do we get them?

Clumps of drops will happen at random intervals during the day and are totally random. You get them by checking your "pickup" physics area.

What affects the odds of the drops?

The more people are in an area the less chance a drop will happen there. An empty room has 100% odds. An area previously getting a drop doesn't affect its odds to get another one, even in the same interval or just previous.

What kind of items are dropped and found by searching?

Mainly gold, keys, gems, lockpicks. There is also a list of special items, some bombs, some junk, and some location or narrative specific things (by searching).

Is there more than one key of each? Does one key open one door?

There's more than one type of each key. Some are more plentiful than others. Some open just one door, but many open multiple doors.

How am I not seeing drops, but the game or others?

If you are still in the same location don't forget to refresh from time to time.

How often are the drop intervals?

5-10 times a day or so.

How many items does each area have? Who gets them if there are less than the people who search?

1-3 handfuls? In that ballpark. There is no tiebreak for first submitted order. If multiple are vying for a limited number, it's randomly given.

If a room is not fully paid during the tax/requirement phase does the room cost go up?

No, at least one has to give full payment.

Do drops decrease as players numbers decrease?

The amount is on a timeline, not contingent on the players. But has room for slight adjustment as a moderator. The area hidden items that you get by searching are more fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Hungry Games 2: The Greedy Games
Player List According to Cassandra:
Amaroq81
AnneAa
Avin
Benesephiir
BerenCamlost
clockworkd
codeia
CrimsonFox
Dake
davidenkinderen
dyachei
Felice Si
Irina_Phoenix
Kit Kat
Kortemaki
Laladien
Littlelambchopx
ljtrigirl
Lore
Mimikyu
monogarden
Munchkin1408
nolemonplease
PaperF
PeteVasi
ppakhei
Quaseymoto
RoyalApe
SerWave
shawnad2006
silverbonds
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
tern73
TFang
TigerDoodle
TommyDanger
Veni Vidi Vici
xandryyte

39 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1742892

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Hungry Games 2: The Greedy Games :: April 21 start
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
what is this is this a rat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
PeteVasi wrote:
what is this is this a rat
NO RATS FOR YOU

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
San Mononoke
msg tools
badge
'Did you know the human eye can see more shades of green than any other color?'
mb
Awesome!

The Sigafoos video you posted in the music thread recently brought me to the Hungry Games 1. I read a bit of the thread and it made me wish you'd run it again. Looks like dreams do come true laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone put out the sig signal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I... can't... resist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I talk about myself as he in the third person. This isn't a typo. =)
badge
My pronoun preferences are fairly easy going, though, and as long as you don't correct OTHER people's pronoun usage, you can call me whatever you want.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kit Kat wrote:
I... can't... resist.

surprise

Ok, THAT will get me to sign up even with the date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Murph, do you know if we can access the modchats from the last pregame (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/972325/htt-pregame-hungry-g...) anywhere? I started reading through that thread and just can't get enough. I get an 'Object not found' error when I click on http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9723....

So many fun memories... it makes me really miss WW! With my work schedule at my new job, it's awfully tough for me to get online during work hours. But, I'll make an exception for this game! Most of my activity will be in the evenings though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Kit Kat wrote:
Hey Murph, do you know if we can access the modchats from the last pregame (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/972325/htt-pregame-hungry-g...) anywhere? I started reading through that thread and just can't get enough. I get an 'Object not found' error when I click on http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9723....

So many fun memories... it makes me really miss WW! With my work schedule at my new job, it's awfully tough for me to get online during work hours. But, I'll make an exception for this game! Most of my activity will be in the evenings though.

I think this has had to be rebuilt from the Cassy crash period, so the answer would be no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah chats are gone, but I will rebuild the Cassy page from the first one before this one starts. Maybe today I will work on it. I have a big list of things I want to try to get to each day.

The chats from the last game were amazing.

This game will still have the same chat format. Random pairs (or maybe 3 for some) of rooms will have a shared chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What am I getting myself into....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I was going to mock up a more formal first game highlights post, but here's a quick link to a random page of the first game.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/972325/htt-pregame-hung...

Also, I forgot how many funny tags there were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really considering a comeback for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rangers85 wrote:
Really considering a comeback for this.

I miss you Rangers. With your presence in the first Hungry Games and you being in a couple memorable (though not always for the right reasons) Majority Rules games, you have a strong memorable to actual games played together ratio for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Welcome,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, uhh.. hi??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmb
How much time is required for this? I'll be at CabinCon for most of the week that it starts, and I'm not sure I'll be taking a computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
ljtrigirl wrote:
How much time is required for this? I'll be at CabinCon for most of the week that it starts, and I'm not sure I'll be taking a computer.

You don't need a computer. Just some bread rolls, water, and a pet rat. You can last FOREVER in this game if you just manage to get some help from the rainbow unicorns. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

You don't need a computer. Just some bread rolls, water, and a pet rat. You can last FOREVER in this game if you just manage to get some help from the rainbow unicorns. kiss

BENES! Pre-game trust team?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woooooah I just noticed the dawn time. Nope, sorry I can't do this one. It looks fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [337] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.