Subject: HKSW 18/3/2017 (SOM Wanchai) Meeting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HKSW 18/3/2017 (SOM Wanchai) Meeting

Please visit the Society's Website for our forum and more articles : http://www.hksw.org

Special rules for Senior Officer Mess Venue:
Please put the chairs and tables back as they found them when they finish their games.

Event proposal for the coming meeting
We shall hold our meeting on 18 Mar, 2017 at Senior Officer Mess, Caine House, Arsenal Street, Wancahi from 12:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Note that Annual Subscription for 2016/2017 is HK$230 and our door fee is HK$70 per meeting as approved by our Members at the 2016 AGM. Beer and softdrink costs remain at HK$30 and HK$20 respectively.

For indication, we have the following games and events hosted (subject to amendment and cancellation by the organisers):

(A) Board Wargame
(1) Boardgame (Organiser: Lawrence Hung)
Participants: Lawrence Hung and others

(2) Here I Stand Training Session (Organiser: Lawrence Ho)
Lawrence Ho will organise a Here I Stand training session if there are sufficient interest as it is likely that we shall have a Here I Stand Boardgame competition in the next March Meeting and/or April Meeting at KITEC. Pls let me know if you are interested to join.

(B) Miniatures Wargames

So Far the following members/friends have indicated that they are coming in this meeting:
1 Member: Lawrence Ho, Ken Chan, Derek Gould, Alex Ho
0 Visitors:
# need to renew his annual subscription
## need to join as member

Double tables booked: 0

TRAVELLING INFORMATION
Senior Police Officers' Mess, Caine House, Arsenal Street , Wanchai (6/F of the old building)
Please find the hyperlink to a map showing the location.
http://www.hksw.org/HKSW%20venue.htm

Upon arriving at the entrance (i.e. open car park) of Caine House, there is a small guard house, you are required to register as a visitor to the Police facilities, tell the guard that you are visitor to the Hong Kong Society of Wargamers. He will ask you for your ID card (passport) to write down your name and ID no. and then he will give you a pass. Go straight ahead to the main entrance of the building, turn left, there are two elevators. press 6. After leaving turn left, walk straight ahead and turn left again. Walk straight ahead and you will arrive at the sitting room and then go through the entrance, you will arrive at the Mess and find us.

Date of Additional HKSW Meetings for first half of 2017:
March: Saturday 18th Senior Officer Mess Wanchai
March: Saturday 25th KITEC Rm 638-639
April: Saturday 1st KITEC, Rm TBC
May: Saturday 20th KITEC, Rm 638-639
May: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING with Curry Buffet, Auctions, Competitions, Group Photo: Saturday 27th Senior Officer Mess Wanchai
June: Saturday 17th KITEC, Rm 636-637

Please visit the Society's Website for our forum and more articles : http://www.hksw.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Please put the chairs and tables back as they found them when they finish their games.

We shall hold our meeting on 18 Mar, 2017 at Senior Officer Mess, Caine House, Arsenal Street, Wancahi from 12:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Note that Annual Subscription for 2016/2017 is HK$230 and our door fee is HK$70 per meeting as approved by our Members at the 2016 AGM. Beer and softdrink costs remain at HK$30 and HK$20 respectively.

For indication, we have the following games and events hosted (subject to amendment and cancellation by the organisers):

(A) Board Wargame

Lawrence Ho will organise a Here I Stand training session if there are sufficient interest as it is likely that we shall have a Here I Stand Boardgame competition in the next March Meeting and/or April Meeting at KITEC. Pls let me know if you are interested to join.

(3) Beginner level wargame (Organiser: Lawrence Ho)
Li Heng Xing came from Shanghai to work in Hong Kong. He is looking for opponent to play Beginner level wargame. Should you be interested to play with him, pls let me know.

(4) Star Wars Armada (Organiser: Jim McGowan)
Participants: Jim McGowan, Ryan Ford

(B) Miniatures Wargames
(1) CONFRONTATION I30mm miniatures (Organiser: Steve Gardner)
Participants: Steve Gardner and his daughter Rose

(2) 15mm DBMM (Organiser: Hermann Ng)
Participants: Hermann Ng, Cheung Kar Fai

So Far the following members/friends have indicated that they are coming in this meeting:
9 Member: Lawrence Ho, Ken Chan, Derek Gould, Alex Ho, Jim McGowan, Ryan Ford, Hermann Ng, Cheung Kar Fai, Steve Gardner
1 Visitors: Li Heng Xing

TRAVELLING INFORMATION
Senior Police Officers' Mess, Caine House, Arsenal Street , Wanchai (6/F of the old building)

Upon arriving at the entrance (i.e. open car park) of Caine House, there is a small guard house, you are required to register as a visitor to the Police facilities, tell the guard that you are visitor to the Hong Kong Society of Wargamers. He will ask you for your ID card (passport) to write down your name and ID no. and then he will give you a pass. Go straight ahead to the main entrance of the building, turn left, there are two elevators. press 6. After leaving turn left, walk straight ahead and turn left again. Walk straight ahead and you will arrive at the sitting room and then go through the entrance, you will arrive at the Mess and find us.

May: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING with Curry Buffet, Auctions, Competitions, Group Photo: Saturday 27th Senior Officer Mess Wanchai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

(A) Board Wargame

(3) The Campaign of Huai Hai (Organiser: Christopher Chu)
Participants: Christopher Chu, Li Heng Xing

(4) Star Wars Armada (Organiser: Jim McGowan)

(5) Flyfly (Organiser: Simon Boynton)
Participants: Simon Boynton, Frankie Li, Peter Hunt and Cezar Cazan.

(B) Miniatures Wargames

(2) 15mm DBMM battle of al-Babein, 18th March, 1167 (organizer: Hermann)
4/7 Kingdom of Jerusalem (Kar Fai) vs. 4/6 Zengids of Syria (Hermann)

(3) 15mm DBMM Early Byzantine vs Early Byzantine (Organiser: Ken Chan)
Participants: Alex Ho, Ken Chan

16 Member: Lawrence Ho, Ken Chan, Derek Gould, Alex Ho, Jim McGowan, Ryan Ford, Hermann Ng, Cheung Kar Fai, Steve Gardner, Lawrence Hung, Alex Ho, Christopher Chu, Simon Boynton, Frankie Li, Peter Hunt and Cezar Cazan.

TRAVELLING INFORMATION

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

(A) Board Wargame
(1) The Campaign of Huai Hai (Organiser: Christopher Chu)
Participants: Christopher Chu, Li Heng Xing

(2) Star Wars Armada (Organiser: Jim McGowan)

(3) Flyfly (Organiser: Simon Boynton)
Participants: Simon Boynton, Frankie Li, Peter Hunt and Cezar Cazan.

(4) Crusade Rex or Netrunner (Organiser: David White)
Participants: Daniel Clarke, David White

(B) Miniatures Wargames

(2) 15mm DBMM battle of al-Babein, 18th March, 1167 (organizer: Hermann)
4/7 Kingdom of Jerusalem (Kar Fai) vs. 4/6 Zengids of Syria (Hermann)

(3) 15mm DBMM Early Byzantine vs Early Byzantine (Organiser: Ken Chan)
Participants: Alex Ho, Ken Chan

(4) 15mm 500AP DBMM Ottoman Turks vs Order of Saint John (Organiser: Neil Burnett)
Participants: Lawrence Ho, Neil Burnett, Jeff Herbert, Sam Kwan.
Sam Kwan will learn the game by taking a command of the Order of Saint John.
ON behalf of both sides, I have rolled the aggression dice. Ottoman Turks roll a 6. Order of Saint John roll a 3. Ottoman Turks are the invader. Pls choose your season of attack.
Logistics of the game:
1. Lawrence Ho to bring a 6' by 4' matt; 500AP Order of Saint John army; terrains for the defender: 1 x Sea, 1 x 1FE Size BUA, 1 x 1 FE size Bare Gentle Hill, 1 x 1/2 FE size Rocky Flat Ground, 1 x Unpaved Road
2. Neil to bring 500AP Ottoman Turks army, nominate the season of attack, choose 0-2 FE Terrains and bring them.
3. Lawrence Ho will arrive at around 1230 to set up the game.

21 Member: Lawrence Ho, Ken Chan, Derek Gould, Alex Ho, Jim McGowan, Ryan Ford, Hermann Ng, Cheung Kar Fai, Steve Gardner, Lawrence Hung, Alex Ho, Christopher Chu, Simon Boynton, Frankie Li, Peter Hunt, Cezar Cazan, Daniel Clarke, David White, Neil Burnett, Jeff Herbert, Sam Kwan

TRAVELLING INFORMATION

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.