3 Posts

Star Trek Panic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Did I win this epic marathom of a game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Geran
Canada
flag msg tools
First I will start with the quick question.

After completing the fifth mission, can I win by having the last of the threats on the board discarded after they became boarders? I did not have the cards to destroy them and with 3 damaged hull sections I could not move the Enterprise.

Now for the story if you are interested. In only my third game of Star Trek panic I played a solo game with 2 characters (BTW - I hate Kirk who was completely useless in three failed missions). The game started out badly and soon got worse. I eventually somehow completed 5 missions, but also failed 4 along the way so this was a nine mission game which took 4 1/2 hours. It seemed like every mission came down to the wire too, and this game had many highs and lows. In the end after completing the 5 missions I had two enemies left to deal with but had no cards to attack them and I couldn't move the enterprise. Also there were no hull fixing cards remaining in the deck so I knew the ship was not moving. Eventually the last enemies move forward, boarded and then they are discarded until I had no more threats on the board. My Enterprise card deck was down to five due to the many damage/boarders I had taken throughout the game. That's 40+ cards discarded throughout this journey. When the game was finally over I was exhausted. That was too much for one sitting, but what a ride!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you won, assuming the last boarders did not kill you or exhaust the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geran
Canada
flag msg tools
Yes that's the way I see it.

I was fortunate that the remaining enemies were in sectors that already had a destroyed hull so they didn't cause more physical damage to my ship per se', just the removal of enterprise cards until they completed being boarders.

In the end my characters still had the cards in their hands, but none that could be used to fight off these enemies, and the enterprise was too damaged to move. The enterprise deck was down to 2 cards and the discard pile had 3 in it, so I had a total of 5 cards remaining to potentially re-shuffle, so at least it wasn't depleted.

It would have been nicer to destroy the enemies to end the game but after that 9 mission slugfest I'll take the win. There were several times I felt my characters were on their last turn and I was doomed, and next thing you know it's an hour later and I managed to somehow survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.