Hide
3 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » Variants

Subject: Hero realms (solo,co op) adventure tell me what you think? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin moore
msg tools
For a Millennium the Empire was at war. Fueled by military precision and an unprecedented alliance with dragons, the Imperial Armies knew countless victories and few defeats. The Empire grew until its greatest enemy was not any of the Barbarian tribes to the east, but its own unmanageable size. At the frontier victories and expansions were replaced by an endless cycle of rebellion and re-conquest.
Weary of war, the Empire crafted a bold new strategy: peace through trade. One hundred and seventy years ago, he ordered the establishment of Thandar, an independent frontier trading post at the confluence of the four rivers.
Through many argued that peace with the wild tribes was impossible, trade flourished and the trading post quickly grew to a town, then a small city, and beyond.
Hero Realms is set in and around the sprawling metropolis that Thandar has grown into. The City-State is now home to folk from all the species and nations of the known world. While Thandar’s trade has delivered its promised peace to nations, the wealth generated but its trade spurs endless political and physical conflict amongst its residents.
Now the Empire has had it with the constant bickering and conflict that is now occurring. The time is now to give up the senseless trades, treaties, and controversy. We must now unite the land under one faction the Empire, the time is now through war we will take everything back that the Empire gave away.
The Empire must be stopped before the land of Thandarr goes to ashes once more.
Empire Turn: Draw a card and put it into the defense line of the Emperor action cards drawn will be used on empires attack phase then discarded (base powers only are used, no faction abilities are used) attack cards damage player healing cards add health to the empire.(Then action cards are discarded.)
Powers:
Yellow Empire- Gain (5) health and give attack = to (3x) gold cost of card drawn.
Red Necros- Sacrifice card from your hand and take (2x) attack from card drawn = to the gold cost of card. All yellow champions join the Empire in the trade row. Health gain equal to gold cost of each card is given to the empire.
Blue Guild- Discard two cards and take damage = to (2x) the gold cost of card.
Green Wild- Take damage = to (2x) gold cost of card. Sacrifice entire trade row and replace cards.

THE EMPIRES WAR 50 health/player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Dude, no offense, but these need serious balancing. The damage numbers are absolutely brutal, and the combos are worse.
As a rule, no effect should force a player to sacrifice outside of their turn. Blue can potentially hit for 16 AND two cards AND more damage next turn (Fire Bomb)?
There's a reason Tibus only does damage for cost, and ignores all other text on cards (except Guard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin moore
msg tools
you can also potentially heal up to 25 points per turn also with the right combos believe me it's really easy to heal with all the yellow combos. I've won more than half the games i've played so far.Try it a few times you.ll see what i mean.these games were played with the new character packs also.I see your point so I changed rules slightly (once action cards are used by boss they are discarded.)

Played 6 games today losing only once using the ranger last game down to 8 health then healed 20 points won game having 20 health left very exciting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.