Popular Tags: [View All]
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked this up. I think list is $45. On the Amazon page it says $65 but I'm pretty sure that's an exaggeration. Regardless, pretty sweet deal

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004JENJRO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lancaster - $21.80 Amazon Prime
doctoryes0 wrote:
Just picked this up. I think list is $45. On the Amazon page it says $65 but I'm pretty sure that's an exaggeration. Regardless, pretty sweet deal

Yeah, I've been watching this for the last 2 months. I just can't pull the trigger for some reason. I guess I'm hoping the Big Box goes on clearance soon.

Lancaster for the lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice price. A handful of decent Queen games on sale, it seems.
Wish this would get a price drop in Canada too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to imagine it will get much lower...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni
United States
MINNEAPOLIS
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was on my wish list for the longest time. The last time it was cheap I started reading more about it and found it was pretty bad with 2 players. Since 2 or solo are the most likely numbers I play I managed to control the impulse to buy it. Obviously ymmv.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
$22 does beat the $26 price from

DEAD [Amazon] Queen Games fire sale - Alhambra $13.47, Fresco $18.89, Kingdom Builder expansions $10.50 - $14, etc.

however if you want Lancaster: Big Box you may want to wait some more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bailey
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this back when it was on sale for $26 and was pretty happy with that purchase. We've really enjoyed it with 3 and 4 players. I think this seems like a great deal on an underrated game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like grabbing it at $21.78 was the right move.

No better way to kill these "trickle" Amazon deals than to post them here. A month of hard work letting it drop bit by bit undone in a moment.

It's up to $25.04 atm.

(Nothing wrong with posting here, of course. It's a Catch 22. Let it drop to get the better price, vs letting ppl know about the good price, thus ending the deal.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
truthd wrote:
This was on my wish list for the longest time. The last time it was cheap I started reading more about it and found it was pretty bad with 2 players. Since 2 or solo are the most likely numbers I play I managed to control the impulse to buy it. Obviously ymmv.

FWIW, I play a lot of solo and two-player games and I really enjoy this. Because of the bidding mechanic, it's a bit hard to solo though emulating additional players. It can be done though and is still enjoyable.

At two-players, I think it plays really well. It's just different than a three or four player game because there's not as much jostling for position. It ends up being less cut-throat and more optimizing your play while dealing with minor inconveniences which I actually like. It's a very different game but still really good.

Because of the Queens Games fire sale, I own most of their well known titles and this is probably my favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatBoardGames.ca in Canada is selling the New Laws (18 of them) for only $4.95 CAD (about $3.60 USD).

http://www.greatboardgames.ca/lancaster-the-new-laws.html

Don't know about shipping to the States, but if you're waiting on Big Box to go down and you're not sure it will, the combination of this Amazon deal and the New Laws deal probably get you most of it at a great price. (I'm not sure what is included in Big Box tbf)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skuban wrote:
GreatBoardGames.ca in Canada is selling the New Laws (18 of them) for only $4.95 CAD (about $3.60 USD).

Already dead! I would have bit for that price but I'm not really worried about owning the expansions. I understand there's a lot of variety in the base game box. (Trying to curb my completist mania... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skuban wrote:

Don't know about shipping to the States, but if you're waiting on Big Box to go down and you're not sure it will, the combination of this Amazon deal and the New Laws deal probably get you most of it at a great price. (I'm not sure what is included in Big Box tbf)

I believe the big box includes the Henry V expansion (by far the most substantial change to gameplay with 3 different modules), the New Laws, and the rewards tiles (queenies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Larsen

N Little Rock
Arkansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
dsbri wrote:
skuban wrote:

I believe the big box includes the Henry V expansion (by far the most substantial change to gameplay with 3 different modules), the New Laws, and the rewards tiles (queenies).

I, like Misterboy, have also been watching the base game for a long time (which is now at $32.xx). I didn't pull the trigger because no one seems to sell the Henry V expansion and I can see that I would want it in the end. Having it jump in price makes it a lot easier for me to wait for a dip in the big box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Donaldson
United States
Freeport
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
doctoryes0 wrote:

DEAD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
doctoryes0 wrote:
skuban wrote:

Already dead! I would have bit for that price but I'm not really worried about owning the expansions. I understand there's a lot of variety in the base game box. (Trying to curb my completist mania... )

Not to feed your compulsions, but I'd keep an eye on it if you want to get it. I'm willing to bet it will come back in stock at a similar price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.