Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I designed these Qwixx boards and used a laser cutting serivce to cut them out of 6.7mm plywood (then painted, glued, and lacquered them). Thought someone here might be interested. I've uploaded the .SVG for the design to the Files area for this game but I think it won't show up till it's cleared moderation.

The design file is for a pair of boards to be cut from a 24 inch by 12 inch sheet. Each board is composed of a top piece and a bottom piece. When I got the boards I cleaned them up and used watercolor paint to color the numbers and symbols on the bottom piece. Then I glued the pieces together and clamped them (one board had a slight shift during this part). Then I coated them front and back with about eight coats of spray lacquer.

The finished boards measure 11.5 inches wide and 5.5 inches tall. The holes above the numbers, locks, and penalty symbols are just the right size for U.S. pennies.

The file I uploaded is formatted for Ponoko's 24x12 template, but it can be easily adapted to another standard.

If anyone uses these for something I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are so awesome! My husband and play Qwinto mostly anymore. Nice option for talented people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.