Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Yamataï» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leftover fleets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rupert Rupinette
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
When setting up a new round, there is no mention of removing the fleet tiles that nobody chose. Do these stay until the next round so that the mix of fleets is always a bit different?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pereira
Australia
flag msg tools
Yes this is exactly it. It always changes the available fleet tiles for each rotation, so that it is not just 2 sets being swapped in and out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
klex wrote:
Yes this is exactly it. It always changes the available fleet tiles for each rotation, so that it is not just 2 sets being swapped in and out.


i confirm
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
klex wrote:
Yes this is exactly it. It always changes the available fleet tiles for each rotation, so that it is not just 2 sets being swapped in and out.


i confirm


a small addition to this question: the rules talk about shuffling the fleets used in that round but are they shuffled with the remaining face down tiles?

i.e. in a 4 player game after round 1, there will be 1 face up fleet left over and 4 of the 5 face down will be added to it. do the players then shuffle just the 4 tiles used that round and place underneath the remaining face down fleet, or are they shuffled with the remaining fleet all together?

it doesn't make a colossal difference I suppose but nice to be correct
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Korpelainen
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules clearly imply that the used fleet tiles will be rightmost, and hence not shuffled together with any tiles remaining face down from the previous round (having already been slid left). Good question -- I'd been playing this wrong every time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
klex wrote:
Yes this is exactly it. It always changes the available fleet tiles for each rotation, so that it is not just 2 sets being swapped in and out.


i confirm


a small addition to this question: the rules talk about shuffling the fleets used in that round but are they shuffled with the remaining face down tiles?

i.e. in a 4 player game after round 1, there will be 1 face up fleet left over and 4 of the 5 face down will be added to it. do the players then shuffle just the 4 tiles used that round and place underneath the remaining face down fleet, or are they shuffled with the remaining fleet all together?

it doesn't make a colossal difference I suppose but nice to be correct


In your example, they only shuffle the 4 tiles played on the former turn. The remaining hidden tile (which was in position 10 on the track) goes to position 6. And the shuffled tiles are placed face down on positions 7 to 10
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
klex wrote:
Yes this is exactly it. It always changes the available fleet tiles for each rotation, so that it is not just 2 sets being swapped in and out.


i confirm


a small addition to this question: the rules talk about shuffling the fleets used in that round but are they shuffled with the remaining face down tiles?

i.e. in a 4 player game after round 1, there will be 1 face up fleet left over and 4 of the 5 face down will be added to it. do the players then shuffle just the 4 tiles used that round and place underneath the remaining face down fleet, or are they shuffled with the remaining fleet all together?

it doesn't make a colossal difference I suppose but nice to be correct


In your example, they only shuffle the 4 tiles played on the former turn. The remaining hidden tile (which was in position 10 on the track) goes to position 6. And the shuffled tiles are placed face down on positions 7 to 10


Thanks a lot for the clarification!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.