7 Posts

Cottage Garden» Forums » General

Subject: First or Second edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
I just received this game as a gift from someone in Europe, and my question is this:

Is there a way to tell if it is the first or second edition from just the box without opening the game? It is still in shrink, and I don't want to open it if it the first edition, as I will try and sell it and later on get the second edition.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. In fact, if anyone could post an image of the new edition box (the front or especially the back), that would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Mortensen
Ireland
Navan
Meath
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the page for Cottage Garden, you can click on the tab 'Versions' to get more details.

If the publisher is Spielwiese and the languages are English and German, it's 1st edition.

Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
wavewynder wrote:
On the page for Cottage Garden, you can click on the tab 'Versions' to get more details.

If the publisher is Spielwiese and the languages are English and German, it's 1st edition.

Hope that helps

Fortunately, I literally just right now found out that that is not actually correct. I now have a second copy that just arrived today, and it is the Spielwiese, English/German 2nd Edition, with the corrected board/rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biff
msg tools
feldfan2014 wrote:
wavewynder wrote:

Hope that helps

Fortunately, I literally just right now found out that that is not actually correct. I now have a second copy that just arrived today, and it is the Spielwiese, English/German 2nd Edition, with the corrected board/rulebook.

Were you able to figure out the edition differences from the box (without opening)? I'm having the same problem here.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Biff21 wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
wavewynder wrote:

Hope that helps

Were you able to figure out the edition differences from the box (without opening)? I'm having the same problem here.

Thanks

I ended up selling my original copy, and the person who bought it said it was the 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biff
msg tools
feldfan2014 wrote:
Biff21 wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
wavewynder wrote:

Hope that helps

Thanks

I ended up selling my original copy, and the person who bought it said it was the 2nd edition.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep hunting to see if I can figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Biff21 wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
Biff21 wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
wavewynder wrote:

Hope that helps

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep hunting to see if I can figure it out.

Good luck. I don't know if there is really any way to know without opening it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.