Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Elusive Victory: The Air War over the Suez Canal, 1967-1973, I am planning on making a flip book that has the rules and charts needed by phase. It will be a 3 ring binder type with sleeves so when I am in say the movement phase, I have 2 8.5x11 sheets I can refer while moving my guys. When we move to the next phase, I flip to the next sheet and so it goes.

Seeing how these games are table dependent, it seems like a workable solution when you are new (as I am).

Any chance we could have that in this game? Even if it just a pdf file so we can make our own, having the designer and real graphic artist design it would be a huge plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bush
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:
For Elusive Victory: The Air War over the Suez Canal, 1967-1973, I am planning on making a flip book that has the rules and charts needed by phase. It will be a 3 ring binder type with sleeves so when I am in say the movement phase, I have 2 8.5x11 sheets I can refer while moving my guys. When we move to the next phase, I flip to the next sheet and so it goes.

Seeing how these games are table dependent, it seems like a workable solution when you are new (as I am).

Any chance we could have that in this game? Even if it just a pdf file so we can make our own, having the designer and real graphic artist design it would be a huge plus.

Hi Craig. As of now we are planning on 3 x 4-sided charts and 1 x 2-sided chart. The layout isn't really done by phase, but I suppose that is an interesting way to do it we could consider. I'd have to think through the order for the charts. One challenge is that the movement phase is the heart of the game, so one needs almost all the charts in that one phase.

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a challenge.
You could make them smaller
just show the ones that are used the most
Not show the ones that are the easiest to remember
Or my favorite, have it fold out so you could have effectively 4 sheets of space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gael Fatou
France
flag msg tools
I'm with Craig on this one, having a large Downtown game running currently, once again the chart-heavy nature of the system creates lots of logistical problems on the table.
Sometimes we even forget important steps because of the time it takes to find the relevant chart for the current action (half of the crew never get its ejection roll... for we just lose ourselves between the charts and scatter diagrams).
Anything that would tend to improve access to the charts would be a huge improvement upon gameplay. Might be another solution though (since indeed, everything happens on the movement phase) but it sure is an important issue to think over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.