4 Posts

Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Betrayals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
junkers doll
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very much enjoyed my first spin of Sekigahara, but I'm not sure if I applied the Betrayal mechanics right.

I'm going to go in order of importance/the amount of confusion they created for me, rather than the order they were listed in the rulebook.

21.4.2. Joining a side wrote:
Clan chits of Ishida's color will move from the central box towards the "Loyal!" box, and Clan chits of Tokugawa's color will move from the central box towards the "Treason!" box

From this, we can assume that a Clan chit only needs to be drawn four times in order to hit either target.

As an example, on the first turn, Chosokabe's [R] Loyalty chit is drawn, then his Treason chit is drawn. So the Western Clan chit moves one place, and then the Eastern Clan chit moves one place - one "point" either side, correct?

How do the Mori and Shimazu move along the Treason track if they've no Eastern Clan chits?

21.4.3. Preparation of the Betrayal Bowl TABLE wrote:
Elimination of the first unit of Ishida's/Tokugawa's army.

Does this refer specifically to A1/18B, or to any Western/Eastern units?

I'm guessing it's the latter, because the table goes on to refer to "one of Ishida's/Tokugawa's Clan" regarding Regrouping. Just looking for clarification.

21.4.1 Undecided Clans wrote:
Undecided Clans may be ignored when performing a charge [6.3.1]...

As an exception to 11.1, units of undecided Clans can be ignored during a combat if at least one other enemy unit is attacked...

Undecided Clans do not have a ZOC

Say I, J, K & M are in their starting positions. Akaza [I] switches to Tokugawa's side and automatically goes into Attack mode. His forces are not obliged to attack the neighboring Ogawa [J], provided any other Western army unit anywhere on the map is attacked. Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
junkers wrote:
As an example, on the first turn, Chosokabe's [R] Loyalty chit is drawn, then his Treason chit is drawn. So the Western Clan chit moves one place, and then the Eastern Clan chit moves one place - one "point" either side, correct?

Correct, each counter moves one space.

junkers wrote:
How do the Mori and Shimazu move along the Treason track if they've no Eastern Clan chits?

You spotted a mistake. These 2 counters were forgotten on the counter sheet. Suggestion: for Mori use the blue N1 and N2 each for one direction. For Shimazu use a blank counter.

junkers wrote:
Does this refer specifically to A1/18B, or to any Western/Eastern units? I'm guessing it's the latter, because the table goes on to refer to "one of Ishida's/Tokugawa's Clan" regarding Regrouping.

Correct. Any clan.

junkers wrote:
Akaza [I] switches to Tokugawa's side and automatically goes into Attack mode. His forces are not obliged to attack the neighboring Ogawa [J], provided any other Western army unit anywhere on the map is attacked. Right?

Correct, Akaza may charge any other Western clan. If it ends up the combat phase still adjacent to Ogawa with no other Western unit next to it, it would have no choice, but to attack Ogawa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junkers doll
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing up the diplomacy track stuff in particular. I didn't read the rules thoroughly in the first couple of turns and thought it might have been like a tug-of-war. That is, if Tokugawa got the first three Kobayakawa treason chits out, Mitsunari would have a long way to pull that clan back to his side. But that's definitely not the case!

Lugbar wrote:
junkers wrote:
junkers wrote:

You spotted a mistake. These 2 counters were forgotten on the counter sheet. Suggestion: for Mori use the blue O1 and O2 each for one direction.

N1/2, right?

Lugbar wrote:
junkers wrote:
Akaza [I] switches to Tokugawa's side and automatically goes into Attack mode. His forces are not obliged to attack the neighboring Ogawa [J], provided any other Western army unit anywhere on the map is attacked. Right?

Correct, Akaza may charge any other Western clan. If it ends up the combat phase still adjacent to Ogawa with no other Western unit next to it, it would have no choice, but to attack Ogawa.
Oh, this makes a lot more sense now! If you draw Akaza's Clan activation chit and there's no enemy within a hundred miles, they automatically switch to Regroup Mode anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
junkers wrote:
N1/2, right?

oups, right !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.