Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy of Korea 1950. I ordered it after playing and enjoying one of the other Platoon Commander games, Sticks and Stones.

I noticed that the rules for aid and focus markers are a little different. In Sticks and Stones, any time all units leave a hex containing one of said markers, the marker is removed from the map. In Korea 1950, the rules allow for the markers to move along with a unit.

Is this a system wide change, or just a tweak meant to be used specifically with this game? Is it meant to correct a perceived problem with the rules in Sticks and Stones?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Steve,

I was one of the playtesters for Korea, and the change was a suggestion that we made during testing. Personally, I felt like it made the game flow better and kept the units moving and less static. I don't think that it's a system wide change, but there's nothing stopping you from incorporating this in any of your Platoon Commander games.

Flying Pig will be running a Kickstarter pretty soon for a big box version of PC, so I suspect that this will be the definitive rules set for everyone.

Best regards,

Erik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.