Hide
7 Posts

Millennium Blades» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Riding the World Turtle (And How Set Rotation Saved Clash decks) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Cunha
msg tools
So we just came out of a co-op game where one of our team members managed to get his world turtle to +50 or so stars. He's always loved the clash mechanic but with the older stuff it's always been hard to make one really work as crazy as this one did. He played the Storm card from the new gold Backer set and scored over 400 points in one turn clashing through a player's entire tableau which blew my mind. Has anyone else managed to assemble some crazy combos yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome the turtle is a really cool card and does seem to have a lot of potential.

i am really looking forward to playing with all the new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does your store deck look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Cunha
msg tools
Here was the store deck we used if I remember correctly

Green sets:
Lightning Bug
Fists of Steel
1001 Nights
Rubber Ducky Maid Crusaders R
Black Flags, Black Waters
Anvilicious Arrangements

Blue Sets:
Xeno-X-Over
Pandora's Box Opened
Cards From the Crypt
Mouse Card

Red Sets:
Space Caboose
Mechanical Numerical Masters
Ultimate Kaiju Throwdown
Millennium Masters

Promos:
Backers in the House (Bronze)
Backers in the Middle (Silver)
Backers in Charge (Gold)

Though most of the sets we chose weren't needed for the combo, the turtle and eggs are in the core set but are easily accessible through starter decks and the only promo required is the Raving Storm gold promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you know for sure, but just to ask how you guys played it...

The Play effect allows it to grow, but as it's a play effect and not an ongoing effect, does it only trigger on the turn it comes into play? Seems weird wording if that is the case so I'm lead to believe that it's like an Ongoing ability, but only triggers when it's played.

Is that right? Should I ask the Rules FAQ or am I being dense, which has been known to occur?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
It's a typo.

There's two versions of that card: one from the starter set, and one in the base set. One of them has that ability as an ongoing, one has it as a play effect. It's supposed to be an ongoing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AzureNarwhal wrote:
It's a typo.

There's two versions of that card: one from the starter set, and one in the base set. One of them has that ability as an ongoing, one has it as a play effect. It's supposed to be an ongoing.

Yeah, I played with the Animal Starter later and noticed. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.