5 Posts

Element» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fire placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crumb Justice
msg tools
mb
In the manual, page four, example B, it is shown what happens when three fires in an L-shape get a new fire neighbor that turns them into a square shape. That is, one bonus fire gets attached, not two.

I don't understand why it isn't two. The new fire neighbor is part of two lines, one horizontal and one vertical.

On page five, example D, there's a very similar situation with different results. The new neighbor makes for a 2x3 block of fire, and then two bonus fires get added.

Is a 2x2 group considered to not have any fire lines in it, whereas a 2x3 group does have lines in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For example B, row 1 is the before, row 2 is the after. So it starts with a single stone, and ends as a row of 3 stones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skud Pai Sho
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Fire example B is the example of placing a Fire next to another Fire, and then a Free Fire is placed on the other side of the existing Fire. It was hard for me to figure out how to read those examples at first - the row labeled "1" becomes the row labeled "2". So with example D, it's placing a Fire between two single Fire Stones (row "1") and a new fire is placed on the other side of each (row "2").

Does that help?

I also noticed that on page 5 on the right margins with the explanations of the examples, that the label letters are offset.. So the label "C" paragraph that says "A linear demonstration of example C" should be labeled "D". The paragraph labeled "D" should be "E" and the final paragraph there that seems to be labeled "E" should not have a label at all, because it's just an extra note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crumb Justice
msg tools
mb
Completely answered my question. Thank you both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
The rule book section on Fire Stone placement has some errors in the descriptions of the examples shown.

The written descriptions on page 5;

"A" is correct.
"B" is partially correct. The first paragraph "When a fire stone is placed to an adjacent fire stone...." is correct. It is referring to diagram "B".
The second paragraph under "B"; "If the fire stone is placed adjacent to multiple fire stones...." is incorrect. It is describing diagram "C", not "B".
"C" is incorrect. It is describing the stone placement shown in diagram "D"
"D" is incorrect. It is showing the diagram shown in figure "E".
"E" is incorrect. There are no diagrams explaining this in the section. It is just a final note to "Remember" the rules re; stone replacement/blockage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.