United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter for Get off my Land! has just had a price change which makes backing the project quite attractive. I am very interested in this game and will be making a pledge. However, there is an option for a group pledge. Being part of this group pledge means that we'll be able to share the shipping cost between us. Currently for just a copy of the base game (+shipping) it will cost 68 CAD (around £42). However, a group of 5 can pledge at 268 CAD (5x base inc. shipping), which works out at 53.60 CAD per copy (around £33 - of course, we have to factor in internal UK shipping as well, which would be around £4).

I have run a few successful UK Group Buys before. I use a spreadsheet to break costs down and keep track of everything. As well as BGG, there might also be some from a couple of Facebook groups I belong to that are interested in getting hold of a copy of this game, so the places are on a strictly first come/first served basis.

So that said, who would be willing to join me?

Here are my conditions for running this group pledge:

This is a UK group pledge for 5 persons. The pledge will be made at the 'NEW Farmstead' level. This level includes five copies of the game and all stretch goals for each copy of the game.

The positions will be filled on a first come, first served basis, and are only open to backers within the UK. If there are less than 5 backers, I will not make the pledge, instead I'll go it alone.

Each copy of the game is 53.60 CAD (inc. split shipping). This works out at about £33 per copy. There should be no customs charges on this one as it has EU friendly shipping included (however, we will be taking a risk with Brexit).

You will be responsible for paying your individual internal postage (within the UK) for me to ship the game to you. I would estimate a cost of about £4 for this (Royal Mail/MyHermes).

To confirm your acceptance of this agreement, I will require an initial payment of £33 by PayPal, as a 'Send money to friends and family' payment (you pick up PayPal fees), or by Bank Transfer before the Kickstarter closes and pledge is taken. I will contact you via GM/PM for this once the group is filled, with the actual initial payment required. The initial £33 assumes a group of 5 backers is actually met.

If I do not receive an initial payment from you, I will not pledge for your copy (this may also affect other members of the group pledge).

A balancing payment is payable when I receive the games (this will be an equal division of what I am actually charged in GBP for the Kickstarter transaction and your individual internal Postage fee, minus your initial payment).

In the highly unlikely event that we incur any further charges, they will be split equally between the group.

If, for whatever reason, you wish to cancel your pledge, please let me know in a timely fashion and certainly before the '48 hours left' window kicks in. I reserve the right not to cancel any paid for pledge if your request to cancel is received within the '48 hours left' period. Not only does it mess up the Group Pledge, but could jeopardise other members of the group from getting a copy of the game. Pulling out before the '48 hours left' window allows me a little time to attempt to fill any slots that are left unfilled, or for those members that become affected to make other arrangements to obtain a copy. However, I'd rather you be in for the duration. Please consider this before you agree to join the Group Pledge.

Finally, I will pay for the pledge with a UK debit card. This means that the payment will be unprotected. Therefore, if anything should go awry (the company goes bankrupt, for example), we will all lose our money (unless a refund is offered). Please don't back if you are not willing to take on this risk.

If this is agreeable, please copy and paste the list, adding your name to the next available position

1. JoffW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. JoffW
2. CraigRJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerv Williams
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mb
1. JoffW
2. CraigRJ
3. Moulebarf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. JoffW
2. CraigRJ
3. Moulebarf
4. Amy Mitchell (Tentative)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1. JoffW
2. CraigRJ
3. Moulebarf
4. Amy Mitchell (Tentative)
5. Tarquel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. JoffW
2. CraigRJ
3. Moulebarf
4. Amy Mitchell
5. Tarquel

We have our five backers. If anyone else is interested, please comment as I did read that they might be able to do something for group pledges of more than five; there's no guarantee, but I'll look into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'd be willing to have a go for £33, if we are going to start another group of 5.

However, I would absolutely insist on paying with a credit card, not debit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerv Williams
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mb
If a 5th arrives, I would like to cancel my pledge.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't use credit cards. That's the risk that you take when joining one of my group pledges.

However, I doubt that this will fund anyway. If it doesn't, I probably will not run another group pledge for this one and will drop out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 4 days to go and only 55% raised, I don't think this is going to fund. That puts me in the dilemma of whether I should collect pledges or not. I usually collect pledges before a campaign closes for two reasons:

1. I don't have spare funds to bankroll multiple copy pledges.

2. I don't want to be left with copies on hand that are just simply not paid for after I've successfully pledged on behalf of someone else (this has happened to me before which is why I usually protect myself from it by asking for the majority of the pledge total upfront).

Seeing as I don't really want to be collecting money and then refunding money (although that is 'feeless' when using Friends and Families payments, so would be pretty easy), I don't know what to do about this. Like I said, I doubt that this will actually fund anyway, making it a moot point.

However, I am unlikely to back this if a fresh campaign is started unless there is an even better price point for group buys. I know that Gerv (Moulebarf) would prefer to cancel his pledge anyway (and I am now only in it because I am running the group, otherwise my pledge would have been cancelled anyway).

What do others think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sounds like they are gearing up to cancel it anyhow and restart it [whether thats straight away or not, im not sure - havent read too much tbh].

I'm good for whatever really, but i'd suggest waiting to see what happens [maybe they are holding off themselves to see if theres a surge at the ~48 hour reminder mark?

But if folks wanna cancel the group pledge, thats cool with me - i'll just go in singularly.

New KS campaign should be the same [the lower price point tiers they have now - i think] but perhaps more cheaper in the new one potentially.

I guess until they properly announce it, we arent really gonna know for sure whats a-happening.

[been a hell of a day work-wise so hope that all makes some sort of sense ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pull the pledge. It won't fund, and the relaunch is likely to involve some extra bits and pieces to help it next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerv Williams
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, pull it. If they relaunch, I'll take another look.

Thanks JoffW for making the attempt here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK everyone, I'm going to pull the pledge on this one. I doubt it'll fund at this point anyway. Thanks for your interest.

I'll take another look at relaunch and see if it's any better, but to be honest, I doubt I'll be backing this the next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Kwok
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi guys,

We are relaunching tomorrow April 10th at 9am PDT. There will be an early bird special for only 24 hours to give previous backers a deal to support us once again.

We understand if you aren't interested anymore, but just wanted to give you a heads up about the early bird discount.

Thanks for checking us out meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, far from being an early bird deal for previous backers (I'm looking at the Farmstead group pledge), the cost has actually increased for us.

I won't be running a group pledge as I at least expected the same price for us, not an increase in costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.