4 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Grenn & Jon Snow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Haunting Questions
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grenn, from the upcoming Watchers on the Wall expansion, says, "Reaction: After you win a challenge in which Grenn is attacking, move 1 power from the losing opponent's faction card to another attacking Night's Watch character. (Up to 2 power instead if that character is standing.)"

Jon Snow, from the same expansion, says, "Stealth / Reaction: After you win a challenge in which Jon Snow is participating, either: stand each attacking Wildling character, or stand each defending Night's Watch character. (Limit once per phase.)"

If I'm attacking with both of these and win, can I choose to first trigger Jon Snow's "after you win a challenge in which X is attacking/participating," stand him and every other participating NW character -- and then second trigger Grenn's "after you win a challenge in which X is attacking/participating," and steal 2 power since Snow is standing?

In short, do I, as the owner of the characters, get to choose the order in which the "after X happens" resolve?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you choose the order in which the reactions go off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do note that Grenn's reaction only works when attacking, and Jon Snow only stands Wildling characters (not NW characters) when attacking.
But Jon Snow himself has Wildling trait, so it works (but Grenn would still be kneeling)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haunting Questions
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers and for the close reading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.