Subject: Questions (capitals and sea travel) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have some questions about the gameplay

1. Can I put an emperor token of the other color on a Tetrarchic capital? (common sense says no)

2. Is Black See part of the MARE AEGAEVM for see travel purposes? (nothing in rules suggests otherwise, but I'm just checking)

3. Can a fleet be used to travel through straights (broken link between 2 coastal provinces) for just 1 IP? I guess it can, as it should be considered "movement between coastal provinces within the same sea zone".

Overall we really enjoy the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jakub!

dill wrote:
1. Can I put an emperor token of the other color on a Tetrarchic capital? (common sense says no)

Yes you can!
From the rules: "The Emperor can place 1 of his tokens on his province, if there are no other tokens" and "The provinces that contain the Tetrarchic capitals have the corresponding Emperor token printed on them. If they are not covered by another token, they count as a token of that Emperor".

It may be interesting exceptionally, if you really need to create a chain of that color and the capital color is 'bothering' you, but in general it is better to place it elsewhere since this would lead to 2 protected provinces instead of just 1.

And also note that, if you place a token on a capital, then the corresponding Emperor can no longer come back to the board there: "He will re-enter the board at the start of his next turn in ROMA or, if he wishes, in his own capital as long as it is free of tokens or Barbarian armies".

dill wrote:
2. Is Black See part of the MARE AEGAEVM for see travel purposes? (nothing in rules suggests otherwise, but I'm just checking)

Yes it is! There are only 3 see zones, from left to right (west to east).

dill wrote:
3. Can a fleet be used to travel through straights (broken link between 2 coastal provinces) for just 1 IP? I guess it can, as it should be considered "movement between coastal provinces within the same sea zone".

Yes it can! However, note that if you attack through a straight you must spend the 3 IP needed to cross it (2) and reach the province in revolt (+1), since fleets cannot be used to attack, only to move.

PS/ And once you get an idea of the gameplay, consider rating the game, it is close to the 30 ratings needed to appear in the ranks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick and clear answers.

franchi wrote:
... since fleets cannot be used to attack, only to move.

Yes, we had that question too, but careful reading of the rules made it clear

Also, the game got significantly better (and harder) when we realized that one can secure the border only if the whole region (all 6 provinces) is free of revolt ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.