SirMaoh S.
msg tools
Hey everyone

We've played our first session of anachrony last night and really liked the game two questions came up though, we couldn't find an answer for in the rules or over here. maybe someone can help?

1.) can you do the evacuate action more then one time? (once every round). seems to us like a valid strategy, because you can work towards your evacuation goal (to get a lot of points there) and manipulate the point in time for the impact via the doomsday machine.

2.) During impact, the main activities on the main board get better. Do you still have to pay the water costs below?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2 (probably) undiscussed questions regarding the impact
1) No.
PAGE 15.
This Action space will only be available after the Impact. It may only be taken by each player once per game, and only if the player meets the condition stated on their Path board.

2) I'm not 100%, but I believe I seen in answered the other day as a no as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skipper 2206
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, only once per player per game

2) Water cost are ignored David said !

(https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23944332#23944332)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please edit the title to something more descriptive: "Can evac multiple times? Collapsing Capital action costs?"

One of these days we'll get to a point where it's not the same 6 questions over and over
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Please edit the title to something more descriptive: "Can evac multiple times? Collapsing Capital action costs?"

One of these days we'll get to a point where it's not the same 6 questions over and over

Or use the search function. Both of these are well covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SirMaoh S.
msg tools
thanks for all the fast replies!

I found a lot of topics regarding the impact, but none that referred to my question. I'm sorry for starting another thread for this matter :/ I've changed the topic accordingly.

@Dustin Crenshaw: thanks for the reference to page 15! Yesterday we've been looking like 20min for that part on page 18 (impact) and over here but couldn't find that part. Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

David, I highly appreciate your activity in these forums and even more that you try to prevent the usual convoluted redundancy.

Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
TDaver wrote:

I think that's called an Utopy. I wouldn't count on it that much

Then again, I still don't understand why people bother the water costs of hex spaces that are covered (by the collapsing capital tiles).
Cover = replacing what's originally printed on that space.

If it was so difficult to understand, why isn't anybody asking if they can build any building, not just those on the top of each pile?

You have access to just what you can see on the table. If it's covered, simply ignore what's under. I really can't see where the doubts come from here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
SirMaoh wrote:
thanks for all the fast replies!

I found a lot of topics regarding the impact, but none that referred to my question. I'm sorry for starting another thread for this matter :/ I've changed the topic accordingly.

@Dustin Crenshaw: thanks for the reference to page 15! Yesterday we've been looking like 20min for that part on page 18 (impact) and over here but couldn't find that part. Thanks a lot!

You also have to place one of your path markers on the topmost free circular space on he Impact Tile and leave it there for the rest of the game; and each path can only have one path marker there, so there really is no way to take that action more than once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex michaud
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im wondering can you still play after you evac?
I dont see anywhere in the rulebook where it say you game is finish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
You continue playing after you evac. The game doesn't end until round 7 or after all the collapsing action spaces have been used 1 time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Footmans wrote:
Im wondering can you still play after you evac?
I dont see anywhere in the rulebook where it say you game is finish

This seems to be another good one to put in the FAQs blush
It's not your evacuation: your faction is helping evacuate the Capital, which is collapsing after the meteor strike, to your faction's home.

Game doesn't end because you're not finished racing to be the next leader for all humanity. You're practically taking what's left of the Council and the Capital's population and bringing them to your home base. That's a great start to become the next leader (which is why it potentially nets you tons of VPs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.