Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New to the game, pretty basic question. It seems when you discover you draw a tile and if there are multiple entrances available you look at the tile and then choose one of those entrances to place it on. This seems rather unthematic. Seems like you should have to decide which entrance to explore and this will only give you one outcome.

Is my understanding correct that you get to chose the entrance? If so, what do others think about the theme, do some house rule?

Also, can players in the same chamber always help someone out? For example, could they help with someone entering a chamber or discover (each person contributes 1 dice)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually the other way round. Up to 3 EXITS are on each card tile.

Each card tile has silver/grey steps on one side too - so when you choose the exit you want on any active tiles, another card is blindly drawn and aligned with the grey steps side. Makes for some interesting set ups and dead end mishaps!

Have fun and most of all... make sure you use some of the custom soundtracks on your phone or PC or tablet. Indiana Jones and Zelda and Donkey Kong are especially cool.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players can only help with gold masks and getting gems. You cannot share to explore, move, or get rid of a curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebard8 wrote:
New to the game, pretty basic question. It seems when you discover you draw a tile and if there are multiple entrances available you look at the tile and then choose one of those entrances to place it on. This seems rather unthematic. Seems like you should have to decide which entrance to explore and this will only give you one outcome.

Is my understanding correct that you get to chose the entrance? If so, what do others think about the theme, do some house rule?

I don't recall how it's written in the rules, but we point to an exit of the room we're in (what you're calling an entrance, if I am reading what you're asking correctly) and say "I'm exploring this direction" and draw and place the tile with the steps attached to that exit.

So we choose which direction we're exploring in, then draw and place the tile. Again, I don't know if that's correct or not, but it "feels" right, so that's what we do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebard8 wrote:

Also, can players in the same chamber always help someone out? For example, could they help with someone entering a chamber or discover (each person contributes 1 dice)?

Thanks.

You definitely place it with the stairs of the near tiles (the entrance), lining up with your current tiles. Any other doors ways are exits.

You can only help by using the power of your gold masks to heal a player in your room, or by helping roll keys and torches with others in the same room to get gems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manserfamily wrote:
It's actually the other way round. Up to 3 EXITS are on each card tile.

Each card tile has silver/grey steps on one side too - so when you choose the exit you want on any active tiles, another card is blindly drawn and aligned with the grey steps side. Makes for some interesting set ups and dead end mishaps!

Have fun and most of all... make sure you use some of the custom soundtracks on your phone or PC or tablet. Indiana Jones and Zelda and Donkey Kong are especially cool.

Cheers.

Thanks. It's still not clear to me though. I'm asking about the current chamber, not the new one. Do you first draw a new chamber and the select an entrance on the current chamber? Or, do you first select an entrance on the current chamber and then draw a new chamber. The former gives you options whereas the latter only gives you one "option". Put simply, do you chose an entrance first or a new chamber first?

Also, is there an app that has these custom tracks or where are these?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's explicitly stated in the rules, but we always play you choose the exit, then draw the tile. It's a bit non-sensical to do it the other way as you've noted.

And players in the same room may share any dice. In fact that's the only way of unlocking some of the gems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robmcarthur2001 wrote:
I don't think it's explicitly stated in the rules, but we always play you choose the exit, then draw the tile. It's a bit non-sensical to do it the other way as you've noted.

And players in the same room may share any dice. In fact that's the only way of unlocking some of the gems.

I didn't think you could share explore or movement dice, just gold masks and dice for gems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaquito wrote:
robmcarthur2001 wrote:

I didn't think you could share explore or movement dice, just gold masks and dice for gems.

Right. I can't combine my green exploration with your green exploration to add a tile.

By RAW, you add the new tile's grey entrance to any entrance of your tile; you don't have to choose first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah B
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Penfold: Have you got something clever up your sleeve, DM? Dangermouse: Only my arm, Penfold, and that's no cleverer than the rest of me.
mbmbmbmbmb
thebard8 wrote:

There are lots of custom soundtracks in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BookieG wrote:
thebard8 wrote:

There are lots of custom soundtracks in the files section.

And if you (or anyone else) wants the 20+ tracks in easy friendly audio format to keep and play on your phone/tablet/PC - then send me a geek mail with your email address. I'm happy to upload a download link to a folder I created with them all in.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.