Subject: Do you still have to pay the silver cost for forged items? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Parr
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
When you use the "forge" action space and pay an ore, do you still have to pay the cost in silver for the special tile you want? Or, do you just take any tile with the forge tongs symbol on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bykk
Sweden
Kristianstad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No you don't. That's only for trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would kind of defeat the purpose of forging something yourself if you still had to buy it when you were done...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
The owls are not what they seem.
badge
I've got good news. That gum you like is going to come back in style.
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the exact question I came here for and it was the first answer. The action just seemed too good to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglerock79 wrote:
This was the exact question I came here for and it was the first answer. The action just seemed too good to be true.

A three-viking action plus spending a point (since an ore is effectively a point) for a single special tile is good but not great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Jenkinson-Ng
United States
Wichita
KS
flag msg tools
mb
I just played this for the first time last night. Did I miss a rule? How is an ore a point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CapriciousIntent wrote:
I just played this for the first time last night. Did I miss a rule? How is an ore a point?

Because it can cover negatives on your board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.