Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nimrod Breger
Germany
Dusseldorf
flag msg tools
Hey all,

Did first game last night, was awesome.
One question came up, as battle always happen simultaneously, do heroes actually have an advantage?

When a hero is rolling his dice and he gets the FAITH symbol, he gets to roll another one and after his done (be it multiple FAITH symbols or what not) he can decide what result to change the FAITH symbol to, which means he can look at the sin's player result and change it accordingly to benefit him more.

Is this correct? Or can the sin player "hide" his dice results until the hero finished selecting which symbols the FAITH result will be?

Cheers,
Nimi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. FAITH can decide what FAITH symbols mean when they know what the Sin rolled.

Look at about 44min into the original (Eric Lang & CMON) gameplay video here:

* The lady rolls her dice 1st and gets a FAITH result.
* Eric (as Sin) rolls his dice (he says at the start that he thinks it's more exciting/tense for Sin to roll 2nd)
* The lady then gets chance (after Sin's result is decided) to decide what she wants the FAITH roll to represent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nitschke
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That (the fact that a faith player can choose what a faith roll will be) wouldn't really make sense otherwise and is probably one of the reasons, why both players throw the dices at the same time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine it's designed this way because the hero dice are much less efficient than the Sins dice. Sins dice roll either corruption or hits. Heroes have to roll two different types of blocks to counter those Sins results, plus they have their own hit, plus the eyeball which is the same as a blank in fights. Hero dice are a lot swingier than Sins dice, so having the ability to use faith results to react to the Sins roll and get whatever result you need most helps mitigate that swinginess.

Of course, the heroes have other advantages, most notably gear and corruption bonuses. But I have to say, I'm not sure I've ever seen dice betray a player as hard as I've seen a handful of hero dice just do absolutely nothing good while the Sins player is carefully lining up 8 hits and 5 corruption on her dice across the table and chuckling...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.