7 Posts

Liar's Dice» Forums » General

Subject: Components of Liar's Dice and max. number of players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
3 questions:

a) Do these cups come with lids? I don't want dice flying across the room.

b) Are the cups made of rubber? I work with extremely undisciplined kids and I'm afraid they could play too hard and damage the cups.

c) Can I buy two copies of this and increase the number of players to 12?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlavioSousa wrote:
3 questions:

a) Do these cups come with lids? I don't want dice flying across the room.

b) Are the cups made of rubber? I work with extremely undisciplined kids and I'm afraid they could play too hard and damage the cups.

c) Can I buy two copies of this and increase the number of players to 12?

Thanks in advance!

First question to you....are you talking about the new version? Or an older version you picked up somewhere (or even the Perudo version)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned above it depends on the version, but in general:

a) Most versions don't have lids, and the ones that do are mostly for storage. You are expected to be able to shake the dice in the cups with your hand and flip it without having dice go everywhere. A lid during play would definitely be annoying, even with kids.

b) Most versions I have seen use plastic or metal cups that would be difficult to damage from careless use.

c) Yes, you can add more sets. You are also not limited to a matching set either. I have used plastic drinking cups and extra dice to supplement when we had more players than the set supported. For instance, if you own Yahtzee, then you can already play another player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
ras2124 wrote:
As mentioned above it depends on the version, but in general:

a) Most versions don't have lids, and the ones that do are mostly for storage. You are expected to be able to shake the dice in the cups with your hand and flip it without having dice go everywhere. [...]

Yes, but some of my students are extremely rude and clumsy. If I don't take extra precautions, there will be dice flying across the room and damaged components.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
droberts441 wrote:

[...]

First question to you....are you talking about the new version? Or an older version you picked up somewhere (or even the Perudo version)?

Any version will do, as long as it allows for +10 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsar Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlavioSousa wrote:
droberts441 wrote:

[...]

Any version will do, as long as it allows for +10 players.

I own three (3) versions. gulp

1) I have the Milton Bradley Version (Liar's Dice) by Richard Borg. Plastic Cups, No lids, Board.

2) I have the Perudo Version. Rubber like cups, No Lids.

3) I have 6 dice cups (leather looking exterior) with dice. I can use it with Perudo Rules, or I can use the Board from the MB version. No lids.

You can play with up to 10 by adding more dice and cups. I think it wouldn't be as good because it would take too long to get around the table (whole turns could occur without being involved). I would rather play two different games with 5 each. But try it and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
droberts441 wrote:
[...] 2) I have the Perudo Version. Rubber like cups [...]

Are these more resistant than the usual leather cups?

My students are extremely clumsy, I'm pretty sure they are going to damage the cups.

Thank you for your reply, it was really helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.