Hide
6 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » Rules

Subject: getting a reward twice from PVE quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d g
msg tools
we started a new campaign playing - Barge of the dead - as first scenario and Snake guild manage to kill both quest monster getting the reward (a bow) and stopping others to get it.
question is: Does he win both bows or only one?
according to rules it seems he can only win one because he can complete the quest once
Rulebook pg 26:
"QUESTS
Each scenario includes a number of Quests that the Heroes must accomplish in order to be victorious. The specific Quest cards for each scenario are listed in their description and they're divided into two kinds: Player vs. Player (PvP) and Player vs. Environment (PvE). PvP Quests relate to defeating the Heroes of the enemy Guilds. PvE Quests are specific feats related to the scenario at hand, such as defeating a specific Monster or performing a specific task. During a scenario, as soon as a player accomplishes the task described in one of the Quest cards, he fulfills that Quest. Place a Guild token belonging to that player on top of the Quest card to mark its completion. Each player can only fulfill each Quest a single time per scenario. For most Quests, however, it is possible for several different players to accomplish them during the scenario."

"REWARD CARDS
Some Quests may have one or more Reward cards associated with them, as indicated in the Campaign Book. When a player accomplishes that Quest, his Guild immediately gets one of the available Reward cards. The card is immediately placed in the inventory of any of that Guild’s Heroes and it can be used normally from then on (the player can discard one of his Upgrade cards to make room for his new Reward card if necessary). If a player accomplishes a Quest, but all of its associated Reward cards have already been taken, he doesn’t get any cards."

but in Arcadia Quest FAQ it says:
"REWARDS
Q. If a Quest grants 2 Reward cards for accomplishing two separate tasks (like killing 2 different Monsters, or taking 2 different Quest tokens), can a single Guild get both Reward cards by performing both tasks?

A. If the Scenario Special Rules don’t prevent it, then a single Guild may accomplish both tasks. It will get both Reward cards, though the Quest is accomplished only once."

I know we are playing AQ:Inferno and maybe we shouldn't use anything from Arcadia Quest but rules are pretty much the same so anything can help.
What do you think?

thanks in advance for the answers and sorry if duplicate

edited to add link to rulebook and FAQ in case anyone wants to check :
AQ: Inferno -> http://resources.cmon.com/InfernoRulebook_web.pdf
AQ FAQ -> http://arcadiaquest.com/dl/AQ-FAQ-v1.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
In many cases you can only do a quest once (and get 1 gold +1 gold at the end) but when you kill the monster, you get the reward. If you kill both monsters, you get both rewards. Similar to killing other player's heroes: you only get the quest reward (1 gold +1 gold @ end of scenario) once but every time you kill one, you still receive 1 extra gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my AQ Inferno yet, but I'm pretty sure in the original game there was a rule that prevented you from getting the rewards more than once. You could complete the quest, get the rewards, then kill the other monster to prevent anyone else from being able to get it, but you couldn't get the reward twice.

As I said, I haven't gotten my game yet, so I can't say if that had changed, but it may have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the original Arcadia Quest you only get the quest reward once. I would highly doubt they changed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
yogibbear wrote:
In the original Arcadia Quest you only get the quest reward once. I would highly doubt they changed that.

we all thought that but the Snake guy and now i've saw the FAQ i'm doubtting it too

i've read AQ and AQ:I rules today and could't find anywhere anything it says clearly you can't take both reward not even the campaign (i may skip something dunno)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaz Galdun
msg tools
I believe the key part of the FAQ is the part about "two different" monster or quest token quests.

As an example in the first AQI scenarios the reward is given by killing one of two possible cerberus in one and one of two pitchers in the other. In these missions a guild can only earn one reward because you would be killing the same monster twice and you can only complete the quest once. You can kill both to deny the other guilds the reward. Note: Depending on you groups players you may find yourself as designated kill target for the rest of the campaign. Deny wisely.

Second example would be the Well of Souls scenario. Here the rewards are given for killing one of the two Minor Villains, the Judge or Belly'yall. Because each monster has its own associated quest you could win both rewards by landing the killing blow on each villain and completing both quests.

This is how my family has played it and so far it's work out nicely so far. That is unless you are the one trying to deny the rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.