Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
The small expansions seems to be the old heroes and monsters frem descent 1, is this correct? It says that the conversion kit cant be usod in the RTL rules as far as i remember, but if its the same figures, why is that so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the minis are different, new sculpts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stats and abilities from the conversion kit do not always match with those of the hero and monster packs. The road to legend app assumes the stats from the hero and monster packs. So if you use the cards from the conversion kit these may not match.

That's really all there is to it. The current stats of all monsters are freely available on the internet (Descentinthedark, or descent wikia), so if you are willing to put a little bit of work in then there is no reason why you can't use them with the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hero and monster packs include mostly the 1st edition heroes and monster very similar to the conversion kit.
The first problem is that most heroes and many monsters have been re-balanced to better suit the 2nd edition. See this post for an overview an all changes.
The second problem is that all hero & monster packs include a mix of heroes and monster from different expansions of the 1st edition. So unless you have all expansions of the 1st edition you run into problems: For RTL you can only add H&M packs for which you own all figures, otherwise the app might call for monsters that you do not have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.