Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Goal: Earn fifteen ✓ from completed battle goals.

My question: Let's say I earned some ✓ from completed battle goals (but not enough to unlock a new perk, thus not making the gained ✓ permanent) but lost some ✓ later through a town event. Do the previously gained ✓ still count towards my personal quests' completion or is it pushed back further again because I lost those ✓?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They still count. You don't lose them or go into check mark debt as Isaac said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same goal and was also wondering about it, in the end I played it differently, but it didn't make a huge difference.

I felt that the
shame of losing a battle goal checkmark would be considered reason enough to go after another one, so I just considered the lifegoal to be done, when 15 were actually filled, which also allowed me to stick to my beloved Cragheart 1-2 scenarios longer.
Also, I think I just started wondering about it the second time a lose a checkmark thing came up, so I wasn't really sure if he lost one already before or not, so I decided to go with 15 that need to be filled when he comes back to Gloomhaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with the wording.
You still earned 15 checkmarks, even if you lost some of them. Note that, due to the wording, checkmarks you gained from events would not count towards your goal - so you couldn't rely on the current total either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.