Subject: Simple questions after first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ducoulombier Romain
France
Dunkirk
flag msg tools
Hi all
Played my first game yesterday night, it was fun (and I lost soblue with the Allies - needed one of the two provinces to win)
A few questions :
a/ Can you discard a dummy when attacking an empty province instead of an army card ? The rules say you must discard a single card in the Win stack.
My guess (and we played this way) : no
b/ What is happening when a Quagmire ends with no defender card and one attacker card (for ex. in an empty sea province attacked in winter with a 1fLeet) ?
We played : the quagmire remains and the defender can reinforce; if not, attacker auto-win. But does he have to lose another "single card in the Win stack" because the province is empty of enemy defenders ?
c / Are Discard/Win/Loss decks hidden ?
d/ Can you launch several operations in the same turn ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Pjontek
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A. Dummy cards all go to the discard stack when they are revealed.

B. A quagmire can NOT be won by attrition, you need to have a winning condition met before you can declare it a win, in the case of an unprotected province in the winter(+1 defense) you would need to double that as the attacker to win it. If winter turns into summer you will get the win. (if your opponent doesn't add any cards to reinforce)

C. Wins and losses face down always. Discards don't matter as much because they are dummies.

D. You can launch several ops in the same turn and this is where the game truly shines if you can pull it off!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Romain1976 wrote:
Hi all
Played my first game yesterday night, it was fun (and I lost soblue with the Allies - needed one of the two provinces to win)

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for playing!

Quote:
A few questions :
a/ Can you discard a dummy when attacking an empty province instead of an army card ? The rules say you must discard a single card in the Win stack.
My guess (and we played this way) : no

No. The Dummies and other cards that can't participate are discarded before the battle is resolved. So there are no Dummies to discard at the resolution step.

Quote:
b/ What is happening when a Quagmire ends with no defender card and one attacker card (for ex. in an empty sea province attacked in winter with a 1fLeet) ?
We played : the quagmire remains and the defender can reinforce; if not, attacker auto-win. But does he have to lose another "single card in the Win stack" because the province is empty of enemy defenders ?

That is correct. You can have a quagmire with no defending cards, and they can defend. Subsequent rounds of a Quagmire are resolved exactly as normal. So if the attacker wins and there are no defending cards, just use the normal process (attacker has to discard something).

Quote:
c / Are Discard/Win/Loss decks hidden ?

Yes - all decks are hidden from the opponent, and are face down. You can always look through your own decks except the Draw deck. When you produce new cards you can look and pick the ones you want.

Quote:
d/ Can you launch several operations in the same turn ?

Most definitely! This is a key strategy. My favorite thing is setting up a blitz into Russia in 41 - In one turn you can take Kiev, Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad. It's very gratifying when it works.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducoulombier Romain
France
Dunkirk
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot Geoff
Next game on tuesday night !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.