Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Scholz
Germany
Gütersloh
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope these questions aren't answered anywhere else. At least I couldn't find anything.
So a few days ago I retired my first hero and I guess I can say this without spoilering anything: The new heroe relies on summons quite heavily.

Since I could get how the class would play right away, I didn't buy any items at the beginning, planning to do so later when I got a better feel for the class. After having played the first scenario and coming back to the item issue, I was wandering in how far my items can even effect my summons. I would guess that for instance I can't use my healing potion to heal my summoned creature instead right? Same thing for items enhancing my attacks. So most of the items don't really seem that great for me.

Spoiler about said character class

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Am I right in arguing that I can use Attack enhancing items if the attack is part of a "command" ability?

Also for my personal Quest I have to kill a number of specific monsters. Summoned monsters don't count for that correct? I thought I read something about this somewhere but couldn't find it again, so maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks for any advice.

And big thanks to Isaac for creating this incredible game Had this for about 2 weeks and it has almost got more plays than my previous number one Forge war
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Snooches wrote:
Am I right in arguing that I can use Attack enhancing items if the attack is part of a "command" ability?

No, "Command" attacks are not your attacks. They are the bear's, and the bear (as a summon) can't use items.

Snooches wrote:
Also for my personal Quest I have to kill a number of specific monsters. Summoned monsters don't count for that correct? I thought I read something about this somewhere but couldn't find it again, so maybe someone can help me out.

Summoned monsters count just like any other monster, except they don't drop a coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snooches wrote:
Also for my personal Quest I have to kill a number of specific monsters. Summoned monsters don't count for that correct?

Of course, you generally won't/can't kill monsters that you summon. Attacks never target allies. I guess there may be some non-Attack ways to do damage to your own summons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Scholz
Germany
Gütersloh
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah sorry if that wasn't clear: The second question no longer pertains my summoned creatures but creatures the monsters summoned, so killing them actually makes sense.

Isaacs post answers all my questions regardless. Thank you for that. Now I'm just not sure what items to get does anyone have any suggestions? Mayby I'll just donate a lot of my money to unlock that Envelop soon

But again thank you everyone for helping people out on these boards

Oh and if anyone else gets here with similar questions but doesn't want to spoil the character class: Isaacs answer in the spoiler tags stronlgy suggests that no player-summoned creatures can ever use items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.