Hide
8 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: cuestion about "luky" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
toriano toriano
msg tools
In the ex. with Elder Mok doing his surge ability he draw 12 cards for spirit +1 (with Light staff,elfic armour,vidents ball,+1spirit) +4 exerting.

If you wants to use "luky"
you may radraw 12 cards?
or 8 because the 4 cards drawn exerting are not redraw?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost you at 12 cards...

Mok's ability allows you to resolve a spirit test with a +1 mod and deal 1 dmg per success
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Luck: Once per turn, when you test an attribute, you may choose to ignore the results of that test and test again.

This means you start the test from the beginning. You could exert again for the second test, but exerting during the first test wouldn't get you any extra cards in the second test.

I don't know what Vident's Ball is. Is that from an expansion? Elder Mok has 2 Spirit, +1 for Unleash Spirit, +1 for Staff of Light, +2 for Elven Armor, would be 6 cards. Plus up to 4 more if you exert 4 times. If Vident's Ball also gives you +2 then 12 cards could be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Vident's Ball is

"vident" seems to have the latin root of "video", to see; a "ball" could be an orb or something like that, so "orb of the seer"? "eye of the seer"? if such an item exist (too much time since I played RB to remember the cards by memory, and I can't check the components now)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's the Scrying Orb, which is +1 Spirit. But that only comes to a total of 7 (Elder Mok 2, Staff of Light +1, Scrying Orb +1, Unleash Spirit +1, Elven Armor +2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Maddux
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
There's the Scrying Orb, which is +1 Spirit. But that only comes to a total of 7 (Elder Mok 2, Staff of Light +1, Scrying Orb +1, Unleash Spirit +1, Elven Armor +2).

The OP was accounting for Elder Mok's +2, the 3 asset cards mentioned above(combined for +4), the Unleash Spirit surge ability(+1), and an unknown "+1spirit."

toriano wrote:
In the ex. with Elder Mok doing his surge ability he draw 12 cards for spirit +1 (with Light staff,elfic armour,vidents ball,+1spirit) +4 exerting.

I am guessing that unknown "+1spirit" is the spirit sphere skill card, Well of Power, which gives the character +1 spirit when learned.

So that would give Elder Mok a total of 8 spirit when triggering the Unleash Spirit surge ability.

I seems to be the consensus that Lady Luck will only give you the ability to test again at 8, as anything above that would require you to exert cards on the spot.

Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toriano toriano
msg tools
Thanks all for answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
I seems to be the consensus that Lady Luck will only give you the ability to test again at 8, as anything above that would require you to exert cards on the spot.

This is correct. When you exert, it's a one-time thing. You turn your extra card and then it's done. Doing the test again won't get your cards back, so you cannot exert again on the 2nd attempt.

So if your luck was bad before exerting, that's the time to use Lady Luck and start over. Hopefully your 2nd attempt will be better (odds are it will since you just turned over a load of failures) then you would exert on top of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.