Subject: Card an manual questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I know TF said theyll make a new manual (not just a pdf one) that people can buy at a later date. With all the corrections. However Im wondering will that new manual include scenarios and the mentioned new campaign mode too? Or will he scenario and campaign parts be exclusive to PDF printing?

Is cameron the cat supposed to be on a monster card or is that a misprint?

We know we're getting a new manual but was anything mentioned about new cards that fix spelling errors or missing stuff (like the Vampire blood ability thing card that has no description at all so technically you wouldnt know hat it dos unless you looked online for a FAQ)?

Also some cards ARE supposed to be duplicates right? i,e I see some of the same phobias repeat in the cards, some of the same meds etc etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
duomaxwell007 wrote:
I know TF said theyll make a new manual (not just a pdf one) that people can buy at a later date. With all the corrections. However Im wondering will that new manual include scenarios and the mentioned new campaign mode too? Or will he scenario and campaign parts be exclusive to PDF printing?

AFAIK the scenarios will become the latter part of the rulebook, as in the 1st edition. Though, tbh, they'd be a lot nicer printed on their own oversized cards.

Nobody (except maybe within TFG) yet knows about the campaign as I don't think it's been designed yet (or at least designed enough to be released).

Having said that, I think that the idea TFG previously said was that there'd be a new version of the rulebook available as a PDF and that they'd try to make a printed version of it available to buy. i.e. The initial 2nd edition pdf version is the version that would be printed - so there should be no difference in them. Of course, if the campaign ends up as it's own document then who knows if it'll end up being printed or not.

Quote:
Is cameron the cat supposed to be on a monster card or is that a misprint?

It's an oddity isn't it. I think he ended up on a Monster card just because they didn't want to add a 'sidekick' or 'helper' card. He certainly isn't really a Monster.

Quote:
We know we're getting a new manual but was anything mentioned about new cards that fix spelling errors or missing stuff (like the Vampire blood ability thing card that has no description at all so technically you wouldnt know hat it dos unless you looked online for a FAQ)?

IIRC As far as TFG have said previously, the cards won't be reprinted. TBH there aren't many typos on the cards at all, so reprinting them would probably be overkill.

The Vampire Blood Bond skill has entered the manual in the glossary (like the other Monster skills).

Quote:
Also some cards ARE supposed to be duplicates right? i,e I see some of the same phobias repeat in the cards, some of the same meds etc etc?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So just to verify the first part. In the 2nd addition printed manual (not pdf) if there is one. WILL have the Scenarios included with any changed and fixes/clarifications in the back of the book just as it is with the current manual. Thus the campaign is the only part that MIGHT have to be printed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
duomaxwell007 wrote:
So just to verify the first part. In the 2nd addition printed manual (not pdf) if there is one. WILL have the Scenarios included with any changed and fixes/clarifications in the back of the book just as it is with the current manual. Thus the campaign is the only part that MIGHT have to be printed?

From what I've been told/read from TFG that is correct.

I haven't heard of any plans to separate the scenarios from the rules (the original rulebook has the scenarios at the end of the rulebook, but incorrectly states in the box contents that they are separate books).

Depending on the size of the campaign rules, and when they are done, it's possible that it might make the manual, as the number of pages will be altering and it might be convenient to print it all as one.

IIRC the change in scenario layout and the board tiles (I changed them to be slightly smaller to take up fewer pages) and the addition of an index still left the number of pages at something like 58. For print it really wants to be a multiple of 4, so there was some spare space without too much trouble.

I had wanted to do player aids in that space, but never got around to it. TBH it may not be needed now if I've done a decent job in my player aid here on the geek (JD's Lobotomy Player Aids)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thanks. Now I just need that last part in my other topic clarified/taken care of heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.