Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are you supposed to pay crew warrants? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Perez
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Since Crew Warrants don't ever actually clear, do you pay for them as well when the Alliance Cruiser pulls you over? Or do you just pay for the warrants accrued by the ship, then roll for the crew?

I honestly feel like the alliance ship is way overpowered if you're paying for the crew as well... But this isn't very clear in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crew don't receive Warrants - they receive Wanted tokens (and there's no provision for paying for or buying off Wanted tokens).

So, no!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
^ what he said. Wanted tokens are not the same as Warrants. Warrants can be paid off, wanted crew ate always wanted unless you have something to counter that ("Fake ID" or the like).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unfortunate that the same symbol is used for Warrant Tokens and Wanted Crew as it can be a bit confusing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I asked GF9 years ago about Warrants and Wanted sharing the same symbol. Their response is included in the FAQs. The new Wanted Tokens adds to the mix...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
wanted crew ate always wanted unless you have something to counter that ("Fake ID" or the like).

Technically, they are still Wanted, but certain gear items (Alliance Ident Card, Mal's Pretty Floral Bonnet, Scan Proof Shades) or ship upgrades (Concealed Smugglling Compartments, Cryo Stasis Chamber, EVA Suit) can protect certain crewmembers from Wanted Crew Rolls during Alliance Cruiser encounters, as well as from capture by the Operative.

However, even when all Wanted crew members have such protection, they are still wanted, and thus their ship is still an "Outlaw Ship", which means a full stop when encountering an Alliance vessel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coxon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:

However, even when all Wanted crew members have such protection, they are still wanted, and thus their ship is still an "Outlaw Ship", which means a full stop when encountering an Alliance vessel.

You wouldn't necessarily have to full-stop. As long as you are on a planetary sector you could choose to dismiss the wanted crew. This doesn't require any action and is allowed any time during your turn. Thus if you draw a nav card which pulls an alliance cruiser to your location, you could quickly dismiss the crew member just before the cruiser arrived. If you are no longer an outlaw ship then you could keep flying.

Players are allowed to quickly move gear around in response to a nav card in much the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Soltaris wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

You wouldn't necessarily have to full-stop. As long as you are on a planetary sector you could choose to dismiss the wanted crew. This doesn't require any action and is allowed any time during your turn. Thus if you draw a nav card which pulls an alliance cruiser to your location, you could quickly dismiss the crew member just before the cruiser arrived. If you are no longer an outlaw ship then you could keep flying.

Players are allowed to quickly move gear around in response to a nav card in much the same way.

That does bring up an interesting timing question, and I haven't seen any official ruling either way.

But that doesn't change my main point about still being an "outlaw ship" even if the wanted crew are "hidden" by gear/upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soltaris wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

I don't think you can quickly dismiss our Crew if you drew a Nav Card that has an immediate effect (or rolling and triggering an Alliance Alert Token for that matter). Events that have immediate effect can't be postponed while you do some other thing which then avoids the consequence of the immediate event.

Additionally, if you draw the Alliance Cruiser Nav card, you have a Full Stop even if you are a law abiding ship. It is only Alliance Contact that allows law abiding ships to keep flying since the Alliance Contact can only be triggered by an Outlaw Ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Soltaris wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

That does bring up an interesting timing question, and I haven't seen any official ruling either way.

But that doesn't change my main point about still being an "outlaw ship" even if the wanted crew are "hidden" by gear/upgrades.
If you are an Outlaw Ship by way of Wanted Crew, you will always be an Outlaw Ship even if those Wanted Crew are protected from being seized by the Alliance. This clearly stated in the main rules (page 7).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coxon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dalek1 wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:
Soltaris wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

If you are an Outlaw Ship by way of Wanted Crew, you will always be an Outlaw Ship even if those Wanted Crew are protected from being seized by the Alliance. This clearly stated in the main rules (page 7).

I agree with this statement about you remaining an outlaw ship if you still have wanted crew on board. I was simply pointing out that they do not make you an outlaw ship when they are no longer on board or a member of your crew.

As for the timing, my groups have always played that if something doesn't require an action, then the person with the dinosaur can do it freely at any time. It can even be done as a response to something like a card being drawn, as long as all restrictions specifically mentioned within the game rules are met for what is being performed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.