Subject: Mansions of Madness - NOW! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How awesome would it not be with a MoM (or AH TCG) based on the Call of Cthulhu Now theme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1920s setting is a large part of what makes the mythos and related games appealing to me. I guess I can see how others might like a modern setting, but I don't think it would work as well for me personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With modern communications and the internet, the ability to Google anything, our world loses MUCH of its mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaosium has a line of Cthulhu Now adventures, and Delta Green is a mythos-based rpg that takes place in modern day (or at least 90's). So, I'd say that it *is* quite possible to have mythos stories set in modern times.

Delta Green takes Call of Cthulhu’s Mythos and asks “What happens to the Mythos as humans get more organized, develop better technology, and begin to fight back in an organized way?” https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/13/13562.phtml

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.