Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Vila
Spain
Santa Coloma de Farnes
Gerona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

Acording to the specific game rules 1.1(Turn Sequence), Advance Turn Marker (when no Activation Chits remain. Following rule 1.8 (Activations) you place four activation chits plus one dummy chit in a mug and alternate chit pull´s during the activation phase until all chits are pulled then you advance a game turn.

As I understand this, this means in one game turn each player pulls five chits out of his mug which in turn means he can use four activations (one is a dummy with a total of five) during a turn. Each chit represents a Activation Phase.

So in practise you get to move/combat etc. all four of your chits (armys) in one turn, and all that changes is the order that they get to activate (move/combat etc.) correct?

I must be missing something beacuse I don´t see the benefits/drawbacks with the chit pulling...

Besides the fact that depending on which chit is pulled first (for example all soviet units) you get to act first with those units, thus a possible combat resolution with devastating results for the OPFOR.

The game is real cool but this rule misleads me a bit.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Lewis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "blind" use of chits to activate part or all of your units, and your opponents -- in just about any game that uses this system -- creates some "fog" and uncertainty, and hence elements of surprise. No one can predict where and when the next action will take place. To my way of thinking, this is much more realistic than the old "IGO/UGO" system that has way too much predictability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Spetz

Tampa Bay Area -Pinellas County
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chit system definitely adds the element of uncertainty in how the turns play out. Makes the battle more fluid while showing neither side has complete control of their forces at all times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Vila
Spain
Santa Coloma de Farnes
Gerona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank folks for your replys, very kind of you!

Iam just fine with the rule it self, as most of the time I play solo. My real concern was with pulling all five chits in one turn. But then again I understand this, as with a scenario with two turns only pulling less chits would mean more game turns in order to play all your army´s.

So yeah the rule is just fine. One could always make a house rule with less chit pulling acording to the scenario size I guess.

Again thanks folks!

Care!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Activation Phase question help needed.
my question is when you draw the chits out, in most games when you draw say 11 pzr. even if more chits in cup, you do all or part and cannot move and attack again with units that did go with the first chit, but can do more with the second chit and then 3rd.
This seems to look like you each chit in a sense have a complete turn with all units moving doing overruns and then combat and then if not in zoc can exploit and attack. but can do this when each chit is drawn.
I need help on this, none of the videos go into this sequence.
Ive read to many rules in my life to know which way this is to go.
BOB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Spetz

Tampa Bay Area -Pinellas County
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the PzD 11 units get to move on each PzD 11 chit pull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much appreciated, and the way we played it, though in the short scenario having 11th Pzr. Getting three after two Soviet unlucky draws was devastating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.