Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Our setup, before the campaign, including painted minis, bases and world map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, yet another thread about painted minis and such, but wanted to share our setup as we begin the campaign.

Here are the starting 6, sorry for the poor picture as I can't seem to get a good shot of the group. The minis all look pretty good, and the clear acrylic bases makes them look even better. Will try to update with better pictures soon.

Here is how I managed the standees

I used FFG clear stands instead, and painted a third of them with gold paint under the base to identify elites. They work like a charm and don't damage the standees.

And lastly, the world map... I never intended to put it back in the game box, and my current solution for storing the game wouldn't allow it anyways, so I decided to showcase it in my basement, right beside the game shelf and the gaming table.

(Following picture includes 2 stickers you put before starting the game)
Spoiler (click to reveal)

I mounted it on the wall with a 3/8'' wood board to give it the "floating" look. It really pops on the wall and frankly looks amazing! Can't wait for it to be covered in stickers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! "The minis look pretty good." ??

I commend you on your humility. You must have rolled high for that stat. Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JPN38 wrote:
Wow! "The minis look pretty good." ??

I commend you on your humility. You must have rolled high for that stat. Great job!

It's mostly the whites and yellows that are getting burnt by the flash...
The Spellweaver is actually the best looking model IMO and the flames look blend on the picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Regolo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Remi, where did you get the plastic stands? Been looking to buy some for a while now and can't find anyone selling them in Canada?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jojothemadclown wrote:
Remi, where did you get the plastic stands? Been looking to buy some for a while now and can't find anyone selling them in Canada?

I ordered 3 packs from Miniature Market, about 5$ for shipping to Canada
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Montgomery
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great! Did you have much difficulty removing the minis from their original bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitbash wrote:
These look great! Did you have much difficulty removing the minis from their original bases?

At first yes, because I tried to pry the mini from the slot on the base, and and then cut that piece off with a miniatures cutter. Worked great for the Brute, but with the others I would have snaped a leg before it worked, so instead I used the cutters right away on the base, cutting as close to the feet as possible.

Afterwards I remove the plastic piece that fits in the slot that's still attached to the feet, again with the cutters. I then smooth everything and make it flat with a hobby knife, superglue on the base (plastic glue didn't work on the base).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Banville
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What base size did you buy for your minis? 25mm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.