Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen people use these minis from FFG in photos and videos. Not only do they look nice, they also save some space on the table.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...

I'd like to get a complete set of the investigators, but that's currently unavailable. The FFG upcoming section does not list them.

Are those permanently out of print? Are there any resellers that carry these?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
You can buy some of them individually (for $3.99 apiece) under the 'Investigators' heading further down the page. Also, complete sets occasionally come up for sale on Ebay, but expect to pay a high price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:
You can buy some of them individually (for $3.99 apiece) under the 'Investigators' heading further down the page. Also, complete sets occasionally come up for sale on Ebay, but expect to pay a high price.

Yeah, I saw that, but there's just a few of them available. Unfortunately Ebay is not a preference. Thanks anyhow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
emart40x wrote:

Yeah, I saw that, but there's just a few of them available. Unfortunately Ebay is not a preference. Thanks anyhow!

I have a Mansions Of Madness collection and many of these sculpts appear in that game and it's expansions. I did pick up some singles for investigators I liked that weren't available in any MoM box. Also some of the MoM sculpts are updates from these old investigator minis with a bit of a more dynamic pose.

They are good. I love using them instead of the mini cards because it really improves the look of the board and uncrowds the location cards. The ones I bought that were prepaints were very nice. Some of the up close pictures kinda don't do them justice because they are magnifying the imperfections. When they are on the table you don't really see some of the color bleed you might see when you put them right up to your face. The only exception for me was the Roland figure. His face was painted flat and didn't look good so I gave him a dark wash on the face and picked out his eyes.

Yes the individual minis appear to be out of print at the moment, and in truth it seems like they haven't ordered a new printing in a couple years now. So there is an inventory still on FFGs page and some retailers like CSI, but some investigators sold out a long time ago. If you aren't interested in collecting MoM then maybe you could look for other alternatives for investigator minis. I know there are quite a few ranges out there for pulp investigator minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use them....I ordered
and

I figured they are basic enough looking characters to encompass any other character...I'm not that picky so one girl, one boy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Before plastic and electricity were invented, we roleplayers proxied!

Lead-Adventurers.de has a forum for Cthulhu miniatures, so start a thread there, or wade through the pages of companies that make mythos miniatures.

Also, if you play AH or EH, don't forget the Elder Dice KS so you can get fancy six-siders.

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?board=7.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Before plastic and electricity were invented, we roleplayers proxied!

Lead-Adventurers.de has a forum for Cthulhu miniatures, so start a thread there, or wade through the pages of companies that make mythos miniatures.

Also, if you play AH or EH, don't forget the Elder Dice KS so you can get fancy six-siders.

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?board=7.0

*snigger*

... but ... there're no dice in the card game!

Glad to proxy the monsters, that'll come easy. The investigators are a different story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Who knows if they'll come back? I was pessimistic until FFG issued the final "Wave 6" monster minis from AH last year. The Arkham Files line seems re-energized with AH LCG, MoM 2nd ed., and continued new product for Eldritch Horror and Elder sign, as well as a number of new playmats. Asmodee seems even more interested than standalone FFG was in squeezing out every last penny, so maybe official acrylic tokens will be next. Reprinted minis? Why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Westbrock
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found some decent candidates for proxy models from Reaper and a few other miniatures lines. I am not looking for perfect matches, just something fairly similar as long as I can tell apart the investigators on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dug out these, really like the look of them: https://www.cruciblecrush.com/cthulhu-28-s/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.