4 Posts

Age of War» Forums » General

Subject: Time spent to play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we played this game yesterday for the first time, 4 players and 1 hour and a half to end the game, because the last one card was the very difficult green card.

1 hour and a half is too many time for this kind of games for us.

I hope you played this game faster than us...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard others talk about how long this game can be, but ours never last more than 20 or 30 minutes at most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
Galahad to the Rescue!
badge
May the Holy Grail protect me from these evil deeds!
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel it can depend a lot on the group you play with. The main problem I see with this game is that if there is a clear winner, nobody will go for end-game and rather try to steal away points.

This is also true in avoiding completion of sets. Sometimes players prefer stealing a certain card of a player who isn't even winning just to avoid them completing the sets.

As such, this game seems to have a tendancy to postponing the game end whcih makes it go unnecessarily long. I haven't played this game much but I wouldn't play with more than 3 players I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Millo76 wrote:
we played this game yesterday for the first time, 4 players and 1 hour and a half to end the game, because the last one card was the very difficult green card.

1 hour and a half is too many time for this kind of games for us.

I hope you played this game faster than us...

It can go long, but that does depend on the group and number of players. I played the other night with 2 of my sons, and we got 2 complete rounds played in about 45 minutes. At least with us, if someone is way behind, they'll take the last card just to end it rather than try to claw their way back by stealing cards from someone ahead of them.

I agree, though, that with too many players the likelihood of going long increases, if for no other reason than it's harder to get a complete set with so much competition for the same cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.