The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lust - Pheromones dance sin card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Mescam
France
flag msg tools
Hello

I'm not sure of neither the card title nor the text, but here is my translation from the french card:

Pheromones dance
At the start of a hero turn:
Move each hero up to 1 space. A hero can cancel the effect of this card by taking 2 wounds.

If a hero takes 2 wounds, he cancels the whole card (so the sin player cannot move any hero) or just for himself (so each other hero has to choose between taking 2 wounds or be moved)?

If a hero is moved by his card, does a take a wound if he sin player moves him/her from a space with mmonsters? Does it triggers fire/corruption tests?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is another good question... ^^

The way I read the card, and going by that "golden rule of coop games" which says that "it is always the worst thing you can think of", I would say that every hero that don't want to be moved by this card should suffer 2 damage, it is not only one hero to cancel the whole card.

The same criteria goes for the second part of your question. It is a move, so I would say it does causes heroes to take a wound fom a space with monsters and it does triggers fire/corruption tests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is pretty obvious in english:
"Move each Hero up to one space. Any hero may cancel this effect by taking 2 Wounds."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, it seems ambiguous in English as well.
I could easily interpret it either way

1) "Move each Hero up to one space. Any hero may cancel this effect (for him/her self) by taking 2 Wounds."
or
2) "Move each Hero up to one space. Any hero may cancel this effect by taking 2 Wounds (on behalf of the team)."

I do tend to agree (albeit begrudgingly!!) with Joao's logic, personally."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thematically, the wounds suffered to cancel the effect are the effort it takes for them to resist the seductive pull, which would suggest each hero pays the cost individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Elk wrote:

1) "Move each Hero up to one space. Any hero may cancel this effect (for him/her self) by taking 2 Wounds."
or
2) "Move each Hero up to one space. Any hero may cancel this effect by taking 2 Wounds (on behalf of the team)."

If I think about it again it seems that you are right and I stand corrected.
They could have written "every" hero but they chose to write "any" so I guess from my understanding of the English language that it is only one single hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edoardo Macucci
Italy
flag msg tools
becouse is a "Sins Lust" card, (see the power) I think it's only for himself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
amanwing wrote:
White Elk wrote:

or

They could have written "every" hero but they chose to write "any" so I guess from my understanding of the English language that it is only one single hero.

That was how we played it last night. I was the lust player and later killed the hero that took the two wounds, which won me the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
mbmb
We're playing Lust tonight, so i hope this doesn't come up, but here's my understanding.

1. If they used "every" on the card, then it'd be all or nothing (making it a uber card). Clearly they wanted heroes to be able to resist the effect without killing the whole team in the process.

2. Since they want to give that choice, they've used "Any", so the hero player may choose which hero is affected or not. Obviously each hero's situation is different and the need to resist the move will vary.

3. In my opinion, if they wanted to allow a single hero to take it for the team, they would have used "One" and there'd be no ambiguity.

So after that, i'm assuming that each hero that wishes to resist the pull will have to take 2 wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Lee

New York
msg tools
amanwing wrote:
White Elk wrote:

or

I believe is the first one is correct because there are other sin cards that said hero collectively take X wounds to cancel the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Never an official answer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this is one of the many games that will never have an official FAQ. And this game desperately needed one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kosmit Paczy
msg tools
This came up at my table last night. Any clarification how to handle this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kosmit wrote:
This came up at my table last night. Any clarification how to handle this?

Nothing Official - either make everyone pay the cost - or just collectively - comes down to your local group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.