Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Are there printable character cards anywhere? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my very first game of BSG, someone spilled latte all over the Bill Adama card. Luckily it cleaned up pretty well, but my heart sank and I decided I wanted a better solution than telling people at my FLGS that they can't drink their drinks (which they purchase at said FLGS) while playing a 4-hour game..

So I am scanning in the character cards I have (base + Daybreak so far) so that I could print and laminate them and leave the originals alone. However, my scans have like a moire or halftone ink pattern, whatever it is, sorta looks like newsprint. I don't know if it's just a problem with my scanner, or what. I've tried plugins in the GIMP, but nothing really fixes it perfectly. I don't know what else to do, but thought I'd ask here in case someone else had a similar goal as me and solved it.

TLDR; I'm hoping someone has hi-res character cards somewhere, because when I print my scans, they look terrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Base. GAME.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think the time/printing/material costs might just approach the costs of an additional base game copy.

If people damage a component replace it, but ask for a few bucks for the damaged components to cover the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try contacting Fantasy Flight for a replacement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:

They were very good about replacing my damaged Tom Zarek several years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:

No. I've contacted them before for other games, and they've been great. But as I stated, the spill on Adama cleaned up pretty well... This time. But I'd rather copy and laminate all the characters to prevent any future issue in the first place. I sleeve all of my cards for virtually all of my games, too. But I don't have any sleeves that fit the character cards. I don't want to laminate the character sheets themselves.

As for the cost, I really doubt it would approach $60 Canadian to print and laminate a few sheets of cardstock. I already own the materials anyhow from making print-and-play games.

I'm guessing the answer to my question is, simply, no. Nobody else has done this, and nobody else has scans that look half decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you check the image section? I don't know how hi res they are, but there are good pictures of everyone's sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You'll find an index of them at: All BSG Character Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Did you check the image section? I don't know how hi res they are, but there are good pictures of everyone's sheets.

Yeah, I mean, I looked, but not extensively due to the number of images, and the ones I did see looked blurry, cut off, or not suitable for printing. Searching the forums resulted in a lot of results, all irrelevant.

GerryRailBaron wrote:

You'll find an index of them at: All BSG Character Cards

Thanks for the link. I looked at a couple and the resolution for printing purposes is kinda low, but I'll test print one and see how it turns out compared to my scans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.