Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a posse ends its mission while on an Otherworld they may travel to a local frontier town instead of returning through the Mines to Brimstone. Roll for Travel Hazards as normal. Otherworld Towns are always small, have no hotels, Heroes must use the campsite, and -1 to End of Day D6s. All Artifacts drawn in an Otherworld Town are from its Artifact deck (Cursed Artifacts, Black Market Goods, etc...). Their next adventure starts in the same Otherworld, using its reverse of the Mine Entrance map tile.

The Caverns of Cynder Some foolhardy souls have dug out homes in the Caverns of Cynder, but are tormented by the spirits of the dead. Use Haunted Town; but there is Intense Heat (1 Hit to each Hero at the start of each day for each Clothing Item they have equipped).

Swamps of Jargono Heroes may stay at the village of a local tribe, if you survive the swamp fever. Use Plague Town; but it always has an Indian Trading Post with a Black Market Goods (from the Smuggler's Den) instead of always having a Doc's Office and Church.

The Targa Plateau Some inquisitive souls make a living digging out ancient artifacts on the ice world of Targa. Use Town Ruins; but it has Frigid Snow (Weather) one wound for each Hero at the start of a each day with no Defence.

Trederra Mutant Refugees, deserters, and black marketeers scavenge a living in the ruins of Trederra, but always at risk from enemy patrols. Use Mutant Town; but at the end of each day place a Patrol marker on the Town Event Track and roll for Discovery. If Discovered the town stay immediately ends and proceed to the Shootout in the Streets mission, using Trederran Legionaires instead of Bandits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
Like the idea. Given the nature of the locations though, I'd either restrict the size of the town (either 2 less locations than normal, or never not a small town), and/or increase the chance of a Town Hazard (maybe roll twice, pick the lowest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a house rule that all special towns are small, so I did not add that, I have now. In theory there would be fewer hazards as you are not climbing back through the portal, the mines, and the desert to reach town.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22258394#22258394

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
I wasn't meaning Travel Hazards, because yes, you're not leaving the mines. I was talking about Town Hazards, the chance that something bad happenning at the end of the day. Because a town in an Otherworld is more likely to have something bad happen to it, than a regular town that much further from the sources of disruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could roll two D6s at the end of the day and take the lower, as used for Mining Towns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trederra changed to a Mutant Town, with Outlaw Town reserved for the Blasted Wastes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Philip Jelley wrote:
Trederra changed to a Mutant Town, with Outlaw Town reserved for the Blasted Wastes.

the wastes are coming with an actual, official town setting that the heroes can visit, so we won't need house rules for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I noticed that afterwards, still Mutant town may work better for Trederra, and perhaps Outlaw Town for the Canyons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Indeed, yes. Trederra definitely seems like a mutant kind of world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best town for Jargono is the Jargono Swamp Village
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.