Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Zee
United States
Plainsboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
When modifiers make a hit number so large that it's impossible to miss, is there an auto miss on a roll of "10"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Am not being snarky, so I apologize for the tone, but when asking questions on BGG it's always helpful to others to use the same terminology as used in the rulebook. After all, the rulebook is the only thing we all have in common. For instance, I can only assume that by, "hit number", you're actually asking about, "Attack Value"?

Assuming so, then I can't find anything in the rulebook that puts a limit on modifiers, so if an Attack Value is modified to a "10", then so be it. Sounds like an auto success to me. No point in rolling the die, as the hit - in this case - is a foregone conclusion. (Keep in mind that this is a Strategic/Operational level game, so individual hits are very much abstracted into a larger picture. Or IOW, this is not a Tactical level game where individual hits would actually have meaning.).

Also, we're only talking about the Japanese side, correct? It's been a few years since I've played the game, but as my memory serves, none of the U.S. Battle Plans modify the Attack Values... only the Japanese Battle Plans do. But I may be mistaken or may be forgetting other ways that an Attack Value can be modified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.