17 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nameless's ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Nameless's ability works only on him or its work on the whole dice rolls, until the Nameless will be defeated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could at least give us a hint what his ability is... whistle
If I remember correctly, it's the blocking of the white symbol on every die? Then it counts for every exorcism, not just for fights against him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
you could at least give us a hint what his ability is... whistle
If I remember correctly, it's the blocking of the white symbol on every die? Then it counts for every exorcism, not just for fights against him.

If you're willing to use a file (sometimes, downloading can be a hassle), card list is here...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/76921/ghost-card-list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice are useless against him, so you have to beat him using debuffs (circle of prayer and the yellow monk's charm if available) and tao tokens of the right color.

He does not cancel dice rolls or anything else, so you can still use the dice normally when fighting any other ghost besides him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Daimond wrote:
Is Nameless's ability works only on him or its work on the whole dice rolls, until the Nameless will be defeated?

The game comes with a reference card titled Abilities of the Ghosts. If you look there for the symbol shown on Nameless' middle stone, you'll see that it says "Tao dice have no effect on this ghost".

mearendil wrote:
Dice are useless against him, so you have to beat him using debuffs (circle of prayer and the yellow monk's charm if available) and tao tokens of the right color.

He does not cancel dice rolls or anything else, so you can still use the dice normally when fighting any other ghost besides him.

Are you guys using a different version then I do? Because my Nameless has a different effect...

ackmondual wrote:
If you're willing to use a file (sometimes, downloading can be a hassle), card list is here...

Of course I'm willing to use files. I was just saying that it would be nice of the OP to ask a question with more than just one sentence. It should not be in my responsibility to find out what the question is actually about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Daimond wrote:

The game comes with a reference card titled Abilities of the Ghosts. If you look there for the symbol shown on Nameless' middle stone, you'll see that it says "Tao dice have no effect on this ghost".

mearendil wrote:

Are you guys using a different version then I do? Because my Nameless has a different effect...

ackmondual wrote:

Of course I'm willing to use files. I was just saying that it would be nice of the OP to ask a question with more than just one sentence. It should not be in my responsibility to find out what the question is actually about
My bad. I thought you were unaware of which ghost Nameless was. Furthermore, I (too) thought it was the ghost that blocks Tao Dice, so that should've made it obvious, and hence, made your question about the question confusing, as otherwise, it would've been self explanatory.

For clarifications sake:
Nameless is #65, one of the Wu Fengs
Black background
1 of each color resistance (so 5 of them which includes black)

LEFT STONE: Tao Token gets removed from Prayer Circle
MIDDLE STONE: White side of Tao die provides no value, for all players
RIGHT STONE: +1 Qi and +1 YY

IIRC, white results on Tao Dice won't work for ANYTHING until he is defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize, hadn't played in a long time but pulled the game off the shelf and misread the middle stone icon on Nameless' card. Ackmondual has it right; I've deleted my incorrect response to reduce confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
IIRC, white results on Tao Dice won't work for ANYTHING until he is defeated.

Thx to all, for answers, I've got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule book, p. 11 wrote:
Nameless
Resistance: 1 blue + 1 green + 1 yellow + 1 red + 1 black
Upon its arrival in the game, this incarnation discards the Tao token on the “Circle of Prayer” village tile. In addition, the white side of the Tao dice no longer count for any color . They are simply ignored.

This is a global effect, not just exorcisms against Nameless. For example, it also means you don’t get any token fom the Herbalist’s Shop if you roll a white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check me out on Instagram: @WisdomForWizards
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
Rule book, p. 11 wrote:
Nameless
Resistance: 1 blue + 1 green + 1 yellow + 1 red + 1 black
Upon its arrival in the game, this incarnation discards the Tao token on the “Circle of Prayer” village tile. In addition, the white side of the Tao dice no longer count for any color . They are simply ignored.

This is a global effect, not just exorcisms against Nameless. For example, it also means you don’t get any token fom the Herbalist’s Shop if you roll a white.

And with this highlighted, it's worth pointing out that because the tao token on "circle of prayer" is discarded when the incarnation enters play, and only then, you can go back afterwards and activate that tile again. Only the middle power is activated each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WisdomForWizards wrote:

And with this highlighted, it's worth pointing out that because the tao token on "circle of prayer" is discarded when the incarnation enters play, and only then, you can go back afterwards and activate that tile again. Only the middle power is activated each turn.
In my opinion this ability is not activating each turn, its just "constant" ability", like some ghost has "shield and die" symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
WisdomForWizards wrote:

In my opinion this ability is not activating each turn, its just "constant" ability", like some ghost has "shield and die" symbol.

Yes, like that. Key difference is that the shield symbol means “Tao dice have no effect on this ghost.” (Play Aid) Nameless’ ability is not limited to itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have notice something strange in my rulebook... But it's just can't be true... My rulebook says:
"When Nameless is enter the game the white dice is not counts, they simply ignored."
but then my rulebook says another thing about Forgotten Ones:
"When Forgotten Ones is enters the game and UNTIL ITS DESTRUCTION all Taoist can not use they's (or neitral) powers.

So, according to the rulebook the Nameless ability lasts for the whole game, even if Nameless is taken out???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that Nameless’ description is already longer than that of the Forgotten Ones, Dark Mistress, and Creeping Horror, I think they just omitted “until its destruction” for the sake of brevity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Sounds more like they meant UNTIL rather than UPON, because the "upon" statement doesn't really make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:
Sounds more like they meant UNTIL rather than UPON, because the "upon" statement doesn't really make any sense.

My copy of the rules does say “until”.

Ghost Stories Rules, p. 11 wrote:
Forgotten Ones
Upon its arrival in the game and until its destruction, this incarnation prevents all Taoists from using their powers, including the neutral power tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:
Fixed, thanks.

So, the main thing that the Nameless's ability is stops working, when you destroyes the Nameless himself, thats makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.