United States
Conway
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Glory to Capua!
badge
Glory to Rome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine if hero powers could be lost and gained.
Imagine if hero deaths are semi-permanent.
Imagine if there's a strong ongoing story (within the game, not comics) with the villains where one scenario leads to the next.

Environments would change. Heroes would change. Artifacts would bind to hero characters permanently. Maybe you have the power to permanently bomb away an environment.

This would be amazing. Anyone else interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds neat. They were talking about this on The Dice Tower.

I would love to see cards that level up and weaknesses develop into your hero deck as you play through the campaign (ala Arkham Horror LCG). For example, a melee type hero could have a One-Shot that deals 2 melee to one target, but you could add a sticker to it that lets you draw a card as well, or deal 2 melee to all targets, etc. Weaknesses could be cards that have to be played when drawn.

On a semi-related note, a Sentinels "shuffle builder" ala Smash Up would be neat for custom heroes. Each "power set" would be 10 cards (or maybe 15 cards) that could be combined to make a deck with some generic hero powers to select from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get him by buying the base set...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
You get him by buying the base set...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhrendor Argentum
United States
Conway
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Glory to Capua!
badge
Glory to Rome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, the Dice Tower is where I got the idea!
I then brainstormed a few other possible additions, since they didn't say a lot besides characters dying and learning new powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this out. I put huge emphasis on character development. I only managed to play two games so far, the first being basically a normal SotM game but the second was already great with some stuff added to the characters.

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677306/campaign-legacy-mode
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Williams
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I want to support a neat idea like this, Legacy games are the most evil idea the gaming industry has come up with since the first Collectible Cardboard Crack Game came out in 1993. If you want a better SOTM experience, I'd suggest that you either wait for the RPG to come out, or just homebrew your own campaign rules. I love >G but the $300 of my money they'll have gotten by the time Oblivion is purchasable...that's plenty enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm running a homebrew legacy campaign - in fact, I'm running two. Both are called Boundless Skies, but they're in different timelines. Here's the cover & preview blurb for season 2, issue 5 of the Earth-85 timeline:

Quote:
Expatriette’s Survival Diary, Day 1:

I don’t know how I got here. But I know my head hurts. I’m on an island. Hers? I expected her to find me before now. If it is, I don’t recognise it. Wherever I am, wilderness 101: water, shelter, food, escape.

Day 2: I found a nest. Huge. Seems abandoned, but there’s one egg. I want to cook it – but maybe I can try something else. Fought several rats away from the nest – won’t eat them either, rats shouldn’t be that colour.

Day 3: I named her Austen. I wonder how big she’ll grow?

Day 6: Cave going well. Attacked today by a frost demon – killed it with a sharpened stick. Sticks -> raft?

Day 8: Raft no good. About half a mile out, I was going nowhere. Ocean current? Sky looked weird. Back to plan A. Why do I feel like this place is meant to kill me?

Day 10: Austen is growing well. I think she considers me her mother. I will do a better job than mine did.

Day 19: Busy week, much happened – no time to write. Thorathians held off at the valley by my animal militia, but won’t be for long. I need to close the pass. Elemental demon kill count: 14, sharpened sticks remain effective if well aimed. Giant mutagenic rats have retreated for now, but they’ll be back.

Day 23: Austen and I closed the pass from the air by dropping rocks to trigger a landslide. They’ll have to circle round the island if they want to try us again. We make a great team.

Day 24: Sharpened sticks work just as well on the vampires. Better, in fact. Other end of stick effective to crush robot scout drones. Sky still looks weird. Stars aren't moving right.

Day 25: Searched through the bodies. Found an RPG. Will save it for if that spaceship tries again, I don’t think the sling will work next time. Austen not yet strong enough to manage long flight from the island, but we will make our first attempt soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.