Subject: Shadow Reapers and the Gatling Gun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty awesome combo going, Telekinetic Monkey (Use:Move a generic cover, the companion, or drafted terrain to target group) and Gatling Gun.

The plan is to float the Gatling Gun to two of my characters who each rolled 2 3's to fill up maneuver where they can then initiative enable the Gatling gun. Die 1 flips it, die 2 cranks it to 3, die 3 cranks it to 6, and die 4 fires it ...

Gatling Gun: For each marker deal 1 damage (ignoring 1 armor) or place 1 expose. Divide it however you chose among all characters, remove 2 markers from the Gatling Gun.

In a previous thread I learned that the Gatling Gun generates separate "attacks" making it useless against an enemy with armor 2...

Shadow Reapers: Whenever a shielded S.R. is attacked he ignores all HP loss and is pushed.

So... does the first bullet remove the shield and push, allowing the other 5 to kill it? Or do all 6 bullets just remove the shield, making it better to hit 6 reapers? (really making it better to fire at die 3, and recranking with die 4 I believe)

Hope my question makes sense... thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
The way it works is somewhat ambigous (at least to me). The question is: do we resolve each bullet separately or divide them first and resolve later? Personally, I'm leaning towards the former (first bullet removing the shield and pushing, the remaining ones doing the damage afterwards). Would be nice to have an official ruling, though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I agree, since it supports your previous opinion that the gun doesn't damage a 2 armored enemy.

Which would indicate that bullet each is separate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it's similar to the scenario

The target has expose markers - Bullet 1 flips expose markers, possibly pushing the target into cover... making the remaining bullets ineffective

- I believe that it has been stated that the targets of the 6 bullets (up to six at least) are determined before carrying out the effects... so in the above scenario ... I couldn't resolve one bullet on one target, see how the expose markers play out, and then choose target 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is another interpretation of how the gatling gun works in this thread. Until there is an official ruling to this, I suggest using the interpretation that fits you better thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
I suppose it's similar to the scenario

The target has expose markers - Bullet 1 flips expose markers, possibly pushing the target into cover... making the remaining bullets ineffective

- I believe that it has been stated that the targets of the 6 bullets (up to six at least) are determined before carrying out the effects... so in the above scenario ... I couldn't resolve one bullet on one target, see how the expose markers play out, and then choose target 2.

That Gatling Gun. Lol!

I would personally either treat it as 6 different separate attacks, or lump it all together like an AoE with multiple targets. Not do a little of both. If you're doing separate attacks, then resolve expose separately and pick your targets between each bullet. If you're doing one attack, add up the damage, penetration, and expose markers on each target.

I'm just going to simplify it all and treat it like a single AoE that does some damage.

How many dice to you have to use to get 6 attack ignoring 6 armor? Like 5 dice all had to come together with the perfect numbers? Yeah, I think it's worth that powerful of an effect.

Edit: I kinda re-thought this recently after watching The Magnificent Seven. It is gonna be way more fun to imagine resolving it individually, strafing around and picking targets as I go. Each shot will be resolved separately and decision will be taken separately. For example:

Exposed enemy (hoping for +1), 1HP, 2 armor

1. Attack for 1 damage (ignoring 1 armor), push to cover instead.

Too hard to hit now. Change target to another enemy that is hurt.

2-3. Add 2 expose on it.

4. Attack for 1 damage (ignoring 1 armor).

The little #@$*er is still alive... keep riddling it with bullets.

5. Add 1 expose.

6. Attack for 1 damage (ignoring 1 armor). Get lucky with +1 for the kill.

Of course, if the enemy only has one armor, then just shred it with 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 damage. Lucky!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.