Subject: Amazing turn with Cragheart (scenario 4 spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
I just wanted to share an awesome turn I had with the Cragheart (and only at level 1). In Scenario 4, with 4 players, there are 7 enemies arranged in a hexagon (4 Living Bones and 3 Bandit Archers): coincidentally they are arranged in the exact shape as the Cragheart's ability Dirt Tornado. Here's what happened:

Tinkerer went first with 18 initiative: Plays bottom action of Enhancement Field (you and all adjacent allies add +1 Attack to all attacks) and top action of Toxic Bolt, which is an attack that infuses Earth and poisons one of the elite Living Bones.

Bandit Archers: They attack the Tinkerer, but only manage to do 1 damage in total to him due to bad draws/the Tinkerer's defense items.

Cragheart: Here's the fun part. The Cragheart plays the bottom action of Heaving Swing (add +1 attack to all ranged attacks) and the top action of Dirt Tornado (1 damage to all enemies in a 7-tile hexagon). However, an extra 4 damage gets added from various bonuses: 1 for consuming Earth (on the card), 1 from Heaving Swing bonus, 1 from Minor Power Potion, and 1 from Enhancement Field. The Cragheart also exhausts Eagle-Eye Goggles, so now he's making a 5 attack with advantage on all 7 enemies in the room. He ends up killing 3 Living Bones and 1 archer, with the other enemies taking ~5 damage each (and being muddled). It was really cool seeing what the Cragheart can do with proper setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d w
Sweden
flag msg tools
Our Spellweaver did something similar in that room, power potion + eagle eye and a 7-hex AoE. We had already pulled one of the bones onto a trap so he couldn't hit all of them, but killed 3 or 4 of them. I think we had that room cleared in something like 5 player turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally awesome. You won't be doing that again for a while
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tobyr21 Pseudonym
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I also had fun with Cragheart on Scenario #4. I was playing with the Brute and Mindthief, and they failed miserably. I could barely finish 3 rooms out of the four. But while I failed, my Inox Brute reached level 3. That meant that if I wanted to try the same scenario again, I would have to make it even harder (Mindthief was level 2, so the Recommended scenario level would now rise from 1 to 2, which means—playing solo— from 2 to 3.)

To avoid increasing the scenario level, replaced Mindthief with Cragheart, because (1) I was familiar with the Cragheart, and (2) it was still level 1, having exactly 44 XP.

It turns out that Inox Brute and Cragheart handle this scenario pretty well. They tended to be very low on HP, but they killed all the monsters efficiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
We had a similar start with spellweaver, tinkerer, crackheart and brute. The Spellweaver's Icy Blast killed some archers and weakened the rest of the monsters. I then convinced the Crackheart not to use his dirt tornado, because it would have finished off most of the remaining monsters. Instead we just let the muddled skeletons attack the brute who hat "Retaliate 2, gain 1 XP each time you retaliate this round" up. The skeletons on the other hand had some ability card, where they focussed the same target with all of their attacks. The brute ended up losing about 5 HP, gaining 8 XP and killing all skeletons with that single retaliate action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eamon Burke
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That IS an awesome turn. Cragheart can clear some rooms at the right time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.