Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing Scenario 12 and dealing with the first instance of enemy tokens on the board functioning as allies. I couldn't find any special information on this in the rulebook, so I assume they are not like summons and still draw from their own deck, targeting their enemies.

The one thing that's kind of odd and gave me pause, if you're running a Curse heavy party you actually hurt your allies, right? Since the allied monsters would draw from the monster deck. Also, if monsters curse each other they could get negatively affected.

Just an idiosyncrasy of the system or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
I'm playing Scenario 12 and dealing with the first instance of enemy tokens on the board functioning as allies. I couldn't find any special information on this in the rulebook, so I assume they are not like summons and still draw from their own deck, targeting their enemies.

The one thing that's kind of odd and gave me pause, if you're running a Curse heavy party you actually hurt your allies, right? Since the allied monsters would draw from the monster deck. Also, if monsters curse each other they could get negatively affected.

Just an idiosyncrasy of the system or am I missing something?

You are correct in that they still draw from their own deck and that includes using the monster battle modifier deck so unfortunately curses hurt them as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just an idiosyncrasy of the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
constantine deligiorgis
msg tools
Friendly monsters drop coins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
constas_del wrote:
Friendly monsters drop coins?

I don't recall seeing anything that states otherwise.
rulebook pg 20 wrote:
When a monster dies, a money token is also placed on the hex where it died if the monster was not summoned or spawned.

Therefore, unless there was official errata added, I would think that they would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Onstad
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another question regarding allied monsters: If you give your allies the option to take an extra action on their turn, do your monster allies take that action whenever possible, or do they simply follow the AI of the scenario? For instance (spoiler for Music note character and his solo scenario):

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Playing the Soothsinger's solo scenario, you get bandit guards and bandit archers to help you out. If the song you have up is the Soothing Lullaby, can those guards and archers heal themselves, or do they only "Move +0, Attack +0" as is stated in the scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.