Subject: Is difficulty increasing with number of player? (TF) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The worst pirate I've ever seen
mbmbmbmbmb
I played many times solo (TF, normal difficulty) and I was able to win 80-90% of games.
I played several times with other players recently and we were not able to win a single game.
I tried then to play two games solo with two characters. I lost both games badly.
Has anyone got the same experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vermin Games
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmb
Hello!

If you're using the latest rules published here, on page 11 there is a rule which should be adjusting the number of Map cards and thus - the difficulty, according to the number of players.
This rule increases the chance that you would find the numbered Settlements sooner in the game, if there are less than 4 players.

Otherwise, if you haven't used this rule, the game should be easier for more players, since this increases the chance a beneficial Map Card to be found and used, and since the End of Turn population decrease happens only after everyone has played their turn.

However, playing with only 1 or 2 players may give you more focus and allow you to be more effective. It all depends on your decisions and, well, your luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The worst pirate I've ever seen
mbmbmbmbmb
gadina_prokleta wrote:
Hello!

If you're using the latest rules published here, on page 11 there is a rule which should be adjusting the number of Map cards and thus - the difficulty, according to the number of players.
This rule increases the chance that you would find the numbered Settlements sooner in the game, if there are less than 4 players.

Otherwise, if you haven't used this rule, the game should be easier for more players, since this increases the chance a beneficial Map Card to be found and used, and since the End of Turn population decrease happens only after everyone has played their turn.

However, playing with only 1 or 2 players may give you more focus and allow you to be more effective. It all depends on your decisions and, well, your luck

I'm using the latest rules.
I also assumed that more players = more options = more effectivness.
It turns out that more players = more difficult game is.
But never mind, game is great and challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vermin Games
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmb
You're actually right
More players = more options = more effectiveness = more chances to f*ck things up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.