SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign Length, spoiler-free rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Carpenter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm wondering in general how much more of the campaign to expect. Any ideas? I contend that we may have a lot more to play but my three crew mates each have said they think we're "nearing the end." It's would help with the scheduling of future games if our expectations converged a bit.

We just finished game 9, but have not yet opened box 5. Looking on the poll (not sure how to link it to this), I notice we are late on that - only two out of 47 responders had not opened box 5 by this point. And yet, we have discovered all islands except for the final two (both need special triggers to discover).

I think having so many islands placed out there makes the other dudes think we're closing in on finishing it, but there are other (potentially spoilerish) aspects of the game that have come out that we've barely explored, and there's tons of unexplored sites on the islands, which makes me think we're far from the end. I personally would be disappointed if it ended soon as I have long-term plans, but it's hard to know in a game where the specific end-game is shrouded in mystery.

Would love to hear any input on this, and/or have someone bump that poll to see more feedback on it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you should expect at least 4-5 games after you open box 5.

Our first campaign went 15-16 total
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We unlocked Box 5 at game 7, and finished the campaign at game 15. Here's the poll you were looking for, which indicates that our experience was within a game or so of "typical":

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1655147/poll-what-game-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.