Subject: Broken Arm with Duke rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broken Arm states that you may not have more than 2 items at a time. As I understand it, a spell does not count on that list so you can have 2 items and a spell.

Is it safe to say that Duke is also an exception? You literally don't carry him. He walks alongside you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RAW Duke is an item and is affected by broken arm. As a thematically logical house rule, I believe you are spot on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to hold his leash. With all these monsters around, he gets a bit skittish...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Does Broken Arm specify "items" or "possessions"? I can't remember...but if it's possessions then spells would count toward your max of two...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It specifies items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
RAW Duke is an item and is affected by broken arm. As a thematically logical house rule, I believe you are spot on.

It would come up sooooooo rarely that it won't be an issue, but I was just curious. I suppose worst case scenario is they usually let you choose which items to drop on that particular instance, so you can keep Duke and have him just deliver all your other items to the other nearby investigators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Homey_Christ wrote:
...so you can keep Duke and have him just deliver all your other items to the other nearby investigators.

That would take many turns if there are many investigators. Duke only allows you to operate as if you were in one other space, not every other space.

Also, Duke can't pick up Items in your space for you. Again, you are performing the trade action as if you are in the other space. Hence, you can pick up stuff in the target space, but not your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Homey_Christ wrote:
...so you can keep Duke and have him just deliver all your other items to the other nearby investigators.

That would take many turns if there are many investigators. Duke only allows you to operate as if you were in one other space, not every other space.

Also, Duke can't pick up Items in your space for you. Again, you are performing the trade action as if you are in the other space. Hence, you can pick up stuff in the target space, but not your own.

Interesting. I knew you couldn't have Duke move 3 spaces but trade with people in space 2, for instance, but I thought as you are sending him from the space you are on, that if there was a dagger on the ground with you here, that he could pick it up and bring it to that other person.

Luckily this scenario didn't really come up. It was just something that I thought of when someone else got a broken arm at the same time that Ashcan was out on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, probably your best option if it did happen is to have Ashcan keep Duke, trade at the start of his turn with another investigator including leaving Duke with that investigator. Then later, at the start of that other investigator's turn, have him send Duke out to pick up all the Items Ashcan left behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.