Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: I added a new game. When will it be posted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Mora
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
I added a new game. When will it be posted so I can start adding images and more info?

Thanks!
-Ben
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mora Games wrote:
I added a new game. When will it be posted so I can start adding images and more info?

Thanks!
-Ben

it's usually anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on how many games and game versions are in the queue and how busy the admins working the queue may be.

Keep an eye on your geekmail, not only for the notice that the game is accepted, but also in case there is an error in your submission or the admin looking at it wants more information -- in that case, you can make the correction or addition and quickly resubmit.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
From my experience, about 6 weeks. Sometimes a week or two shorter, sometimes a week or two longer. But, yes, we are talking weeks, not hours or days. The admins are busy people.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a new game recently. Approval took about 1 month.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see a list of the games in the queue here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/items/boardgame/pending?

Currently the queue is 10 pages long.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a big backlog lately.

A recent thread of possible interest:
What's the deal with games getting added to the database?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
You can see a list of the games in the queue here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/items/boardgame/pending?

Currently the queue is 10 pages long.

I found my game in there and there are boxes on the right "revise" "withdraw" - what is the significance of that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremylaurie wrote:
I found my game in there and there are boxes on the right "revise" "withdraw" - what is the significance of that?

You are allowed to change or cancel your own submission, but not the submissions of others.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Mora
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Werbaer wrote:
jeremylaurie wrote:
I found my game in there and there are boxes on the right "revise" "withdraw" - what is the significance of that?

You are allowed to change or cancel your own submission, but not the submissions of others.

So when it's posted, do you "own" the listing?
When I released "Flip!" in 2014 I was kinda disappointed that some random person made the microbadge for it using artwork that is from the prototype and not the final game, and not only could I do anything about it, but I'm expected to buy it. Can I still make changes to it that no one else can after the game has been posted? Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mora Games wrote:
Werbaer wrote:
jeremylaurie wrote:
I found my game in there and there are boxes on the right "revise" "withdraw" - what is the significance of that?

You are allowed to change or cancel your own submission, but not the submissions of others.

So when it's posted, do you "own" the listing?
When I released "Flip!" in 2014 I was kinda disappointed that some random person made the microbadge for it using artwork that is from the prototype and not the final game, and not only could I do anything about it, but I'm expected to buy it. Can I still make changes to it that no one else can after the game has been posted? Thanks!


No, no one owns the listing. The description and community wiki are wikis that can be directly edited by anyone, and anyone can submit images, videos, threads, weblinks, etc.

For things in the header of the game, anyone can submit a correction using the correction form.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
jeremylaurie wrote:
I found my game in there and there are boxes on the right "revise" "withdraw" - what is the significance of that?

You are allowed to change or cancel your own submission, but not the submissions of others.

I don't want to do either. I just wondered what the comments meant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.