Aeon's End» Forums » General

Subject: Aeon's End Turn Order Assistant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.actionphasegames.com/pages/aeons-end-turn-order-...

I brewed up a website that will help you manage the turn order deck.

Click on the turn order deck to draw the next card.

You can click on cards in the discard pile to shuffle them back into the deck.

I know the look can be improved, but I'm not a graphic designer. Functionality was my primary goal, initially. That said, any feedback for how to improve either its looks or function are greatly appreciated. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're so dedicated!

I'm honestly impressed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for making this!

Are there plans to support deck stacking/peeking (I.E. Xaxos, Lash's starting gem, etc.)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruduen wrote:
Thanks for making this!

Are there plans to support deck stacking/peeking (I.E. Xaxos, Lash's starting gem, etc.)?

Deck peeking is supported by the 'reveal top' and 'put top on bottom' buttons ?

Deck stacking -ala Lash's ability is not supported nor are there any plans to do so. I thought about it for a while and couldn't think of any easy way to implement it. This is not a particularly important feature because of how it just lets you do 'whatever you want' for the rest of the round. If I knew a relatively easy way to implement it, I would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ah, I missed the buttons during a glance - that's a general visual thing where the page took up enough browser space that I couldn't see the buttons at the bottom without scrolling.

Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruduen wrote:
Ah, I missed the buttons during a glance - that's a general visual thing where the page took up enough browser space that I couldn't see the buttons at the bottom without scrolling.

Thanks for the clarification!

Ah, maybe it should be a bit smaller then. I tried to optimize it for mobile and I don't know how to display a different page depending on if the user is on mobile or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah, I think something about the way it's displayed is causing the base card to look weird. It's likely due to the general vertical pixel size of the images. (The main card is displaying at an 800px height, which would be a large chunk of any non-maximized window on some monitor resolutions)

The simplest solution is to move the secondary button DIV to the top, so it's more obvious. It'd also be possible to do a more thorough restructure by adjusting the styles of the card/individual item displays based on an appropriate block format. That being said, since it looks like some pieces are based on hard-coded numbers, so I can understand the desire to avoid messing too much with the formatting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruduen wrote:
Yeah, I think something about the way it's displayed is causing the base card to look weird. It's likely due to the general vertical pixel size of the images. (The main card is displaying at an 800px height, which would be a large chunk of any non-maximized window on some monitor resolutions)

The simplest solution is to move the secondary button DIV to the top, so it's more obvious. It'd also be possible to do a more thorough restructure by adjusting the styles of the card/individual item displays based on an appropriate block format. That being said, since it looks like some pieces are based on hard-coded numbers, so I can understand the desire to avoid messing too much with the formatting.

I stretched the turn order card deck image out vertically to make it a bit bigger on mobile.

I had some issues making the turn order 'cuts' appear in the right place so I resorted to using absolute values for them. There's probably a better way but I'm not much of a web developer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makes sense. I think the quickest reasonable way to set that type of thing up is to use a table or appropriate block formatting, but it depends on the exact intended visual result. (It gets tricky when windows get resized to odd dimensions, and I'm pretty sure that tables are a little inferior to appropriately setting up blocks so they shift on resizes, but I can't recall the styling rules for that off the top of my head. Web development is a tricky beast. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
henry t

Virginia
msg tools
Could you add some option in order to handle when gate witch shuffles his turn order thing back into the turn order deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Click on the turn order cards in the turn order discard pile to shuffle them back into the turn order deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
henry t

Virginia
msg tools
Oh haha thanks. I didn't realize it was shuffling when I clicked to put back. I happened to get the card I back the clicked card on top multiple times in a row I guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.