Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavi Bové
Spain
Terrassa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

After doing two solo plays I have ended both times over the higher range stated in the rule book..., is this normal? It just seems strange to end always above the higher milestone. Which are your most common forgotten rules?

Btw a great, beautiful and easy to learn worker placement game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been others who've said similar things- some of those players are actually making mistakes. You might want to check the FAQ, to make sure you're removing pollution appropriately, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get the perfect draw of buildings (without pollution costs), you can score higher than the upper threshold. If you somehow manage to do this all of the time, perhaps you should remove all of the buildings with no pollution and see how you fair. I've played solo a half dozen times and I've scored in the highest range once. And it wasn't a crazy win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you correctly playing where you still discard a pollution token after rolling dice during refresh? Everyone seems to screw this ruke up and your score can get reaaaaally high at the lengths this lets the game play to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noel
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the same thing myself a while back. The answer is yes, that if you understand how the solo strategy varies from multiplayer, you can score high pretty regularly.

Solo Game... am I playing this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavi Bové
Spain
Terrassa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff0 wrote:
I asked the same thing myself a while back. The answer is yes, that if you understand how the solo strategy varies from multiplayer, you can score high pretty regularly.

Solo Game... am I playing this right?

I'm playing the pollution rule well, I read your post after the second play and had the same feeling.

I may have been luky with no pollution buildings indeed but seems strange.

Btw I love the game, just wondering if something was wrong, now the challenge will be beat my highest scoring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first game solo, I managed to get several buildings that did not have pollution penalties for building and because of this, I pulled off a 134. I feel like this has a lot to do with how high your score will get. I might be something to consider with a variant.

Next time, I might try to take a pollution penalty for every building no matter what and see how well I can score. On the ones that don't show a penalty, I will just use that as a wild, "place it wherever you want" building.

I can say that I did really enjoy my play but I expected that I would not score so high on my first solo. Just means I need to play more. Thanks for designing a good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.