Subject: Stealth weapons-always Stealth attack? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Koop
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mb
When using a stealth weapon, do the attacks always count as stealth attacks?
Or can I for example use a silenced gun as a normal attack first and with my second action as a stealth attack, thus gaining the automatic defeat cover roll on the second attack action, but first stealth attack?

Or do I have to use 2 weapons for this to work, one unsilenced one and one silenced one, so could I attack with a f.e. grenade first and then use a stealth weapon and gain the auto defeat cover roll?

or does the Auto defeat cover roll only work if I use the Stealth weapon first and when I attack with a normal weapon first I can never use the AutoDefeatCover roll in my turn?

For those wondering why this is important:
If my soldier only has a silenced weapon and a hostile with a high cover value is screened by a hostile with a low one, it is preferable to use the first stealth attack on the screened hostile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using a stealth weapon always counts as a stealth attack. However:
Quote:
"Some Weapons have the Stealth trait. ...

The first time each Soldier performs a Stealth Attack during a game turn, he automatically gets a Defeat Cover roll of a 6."

page 12 of the 2nd edition rules

I'd say if you want to use second action as a stealth attack, you have to use a non-stealth weapon first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.